First grow autos

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Chef86, Feb 7, 2023.

1. So this is my first grow. I am growing autos. They are at 24 days. I feel like I started lst too early and splashed the bottom leaves and they got a little burnt. Other than that I feel like I’m doing ok

I know I’ve made mistakes like having the light too close at first but 2 out of 3 seem ok

Thoughts

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. My only thought is that you should have started with photos.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Why is that, more forgiving ?

4. soil is probably too hot for the autos, LST is better suited for photos imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yes. Photos are more forgiving, you can aggressively train/prune them. You can also grow them to a certain size and then flip to flower. And theres a lot more strain options.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. since they are autos and you have a tent i suggest starting a few photo seeds and practice LST on them while these autos do their thing so you have a plan B if things go south it will save time if getting photo seeds or clones is not too difficult for you trust me it will pay off

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. You will do ok with autos . Many people hate them. I like them. There perfect for a rookie . You can continue to add new strands all the time . Run that light 18 on. Not 24 if that helps . Photos you really need two tents .
    Yeah auto you can harvest a plant every two weeks in that tent . Its fun.
    So yes i see plants that are getting way to much light and a person is compensating by adding loads of nutrients to keep them green or the soil is very hot . More added info you did not ask for . People will tell you autos do not require as much nutrient a s a photo that is bullshit . I did a post debunking that garbage .

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. perpetual growing is how you end up with bugs and mold issues. I grow photos just fine in one tent. My single 5x5 tent gives me a year supply or better in just one grow.

Also a lot of people dont seem to know that you can grow photos under 12/12 light cycle seed to harvest. They grow pretty much just like an auto but usually the stems are thinner and more stretched out giving better node spacing and bud development; they do usually require support though or branches will bend over/break. It only takes 1-3 weeks longer than an auto doing this.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Can you link me to your auto nutrient feed debunk post please?

Seems pretty obviously why autos require less nutrients then photos but I'm open to reading more from the other side.

10. I've grown a lot of auto's and feed them just like a photo, my best yield was 3 gelato auto's from fast buds with 22 o/z of dry cured bud.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. So the light is at 18/6 I just had it too close.

The soil is ocean forest. The only nutes given was cal mag once. and one serving of a soil recharge powder. I am going to finish this grow out and see what happens.

Next grow I will do a blend of ocean forest and happy frog with 25% pearlite and keep the lights higher to start

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. So this debate . You should know vegging plants require less nutrients then flowering . .And the ppm is what i use for all my plants . So they finish as they should .

13. You are doing fine. All I grow is autos. Ruderalis is extremely hardy and can endure about any lst or topping you can give it. All you need to do is keep an auto alive, there is no need to do anything to encourage flowering. All leaves should be perfect. If there is any spot or discolor something is wrong and can be fixed. In that medium you are using I would wait until the bag is light as a feather before re watering and be sure you have adequate magnesium and potassium. Autos love light. All the time the more the better. Just keep tying.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Also if you want to give it a try, the best fertilizer for autos I have found and the mix I use is
    3 qts tap water
    1 heaping 1/4 tsp of Jacks Flowering
    3/4 Tsp of any brand calmag.
    Add the jacks first and wait 15 minutes before adding calmag.
    Do not use any ph adjustment.

15. congrats. Any start is a good start. Face it your 1st grow likely won't be your best, SO imo don't use expensive seedS, or use 1 and take clones until your skills grow. When I see people spend big bucks at a dispensary buying their full 2 1/2 oz's EVERY month, all I can think is wtf aren't you growing.

• Like Like x 1
  16. nuther good thing about autos, They are all on the same light schedule, so you don' have to wait for the one you are growing to finish before you start another one, now that you think you guesssed what you did wrong and next time.......

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. How are we looking? Thursday will be 5 weeks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. What a difference a week makes

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]