First Grow Aurora Indica - Closet CFL 250w

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by freegrow11, May 24, 2011.

1. Hey guys, this is my first grow. I am running 2 plants under 3x42w(6500k),1x42w(2700k) during veg and 4x42w(2700), 2x42w(6500k) during flower. For flower it totals 252w and 168w for veg. My closet dimensions are 1.5x1.8x5. My temps vary from 77-85 depending on the day outside.

Nutes/Soil/Seeds:

Advanced nutrients - Mother Earth Tea blend(grow/bloom)
    B'cuzz Hydromix soil - Atami
    Aurora Indica Seeds - Nirvana Seedbank

Constructive criticism is welcome and appreciated. Annnnnnd here are my girls(hopefully) in order. The small pics are day 1 and others are day 9.

Attached Files:

2. Looks good so far, I germed one more aurora thats gunna get planted tonight.

3. Transplanted into 3 gallon pots today. Here's some pictures of the little lady's (day 10)

Attached Files:

4. They seemed to have taken very nicely to the new pots. The plant on the left in the post above is looking 100% better then it did when I first transplanted. I'm going to be LST'ing when my 4th node comes in... but I don't know if I should fim as well.

Do people normally LST aswell as fim?.. and which should I do first if I'm going to do both?

5. i would lst first then fim.

6. I was thinking of fimming first, letting that grow a little bit and then lst it and let some side growth come up. The girls are looking mighty fine, I'll take a couple pics later tonight. I'm buying a digital camera soon, so good pictures to come :D

7. Cant wait to see how you Aurora comes out :D

8. So I changed up my exhaust a little bit today. I put my carbon filter back inside my cab, but instead of having 1 inline fan exhausting it, I've got 2. Temps are staying low.. 77-85. I had a small incident with my lights on about day 4 and my plants were burned slightly. One of the bottom leaves of the second plant is starting to go yellow :(.. I will probably have to cut it eventually. The other plants burns marks seem to be recovering.

I'm wondering when I should start giving nutes... I've heard people say when your first leaves go yellow and die, but my soil has starter nutes and I just transplanted into it so I'm not so sure they will die. There about 14days old.

Attached Files:

9. #10 freegrow11, May 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2011
    So I just took my plants out for a watering and I noticed that there are roots coming out of the bottom of both my pots. These are 10" pots and the plants are on day 15... how is that possible :S.. did they alrdy out grow the pot? These plants are 3 feet tall mature.. I figured 1 gal for 1 foot was fine

10. Give here nutes at 1/3 dose. :) lookin good

11. Will be starting nutes next watering. They were crazy dry just now so I gave them a watering. I think the roots were just searching for water and thats why there so low in the pot... theres no way im rootbound at day 15 in a 3 gal pot :eek:.

12. i'm new to growing myself but i figure they will spread out.

13. Fimmed one plant today, and LST'd the other. No pictures :(.. but I get my digital camera on friday.. so ill update then with some beautiful pictures :D

14. Freegrow does what he wants

15. Figured out why the tips of my plant are brownish. Conbination of heat stress and lights slightly too close

16. LOLOL

sooooooo... The lst'd one is looking great... you can alrdy see the side growth starting to come up. The fimmed one has 5 black dots on the cut wound.. does anybody know if thats bad? Hopefully I didn't fuck up the fim lol..

17. Post some new pics when you get your camera or take some on you phone :)

18. #19 freegrow11, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2011
    Both plants looking good.. picture update!!... First picture is the fim, second picture is the LST
    Day 17

Attached Files:

19. Small update. Got my digi camera yesterday so I figured id take a couple pictures. The fim plant is coming along real nice.. its all starting to grow back ever so deliciously. The LST I don't think was pulled down enough. I strapped her down a bit better today to expose her stalk more. First 2 pics are the fim, second 2 are the LST! day 19

Attached Files: