First Grow Attempt! helperz.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HobbitSauce, Oct 29, 2007.

1. If some of you fine folks could help me out. Heres the deal.
    First indoor grow attempt.

Set Up:
    8 clones of Afghani Goo (all rooted) in gal. pots with foxfarm :)
    1 400w Halide light (about 4 feet away from baby girls)
    Completely Mylar'd Walls
    Oscillating Fan (running on low)

The Light is on a timer for 20 hours a day.

OK! so heres the questions:

Is not using co2 gonna have negative effects on my babies?

How far should the bulb be from the top of my plants?

Do I need to run a venting tube out of the room(even though its not a completely enclosed enviroment)?

What kind of yield can i expect from first generation Afghani's?

Any hints, tips, and critisism would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot everybody

2. Lemme take a shot at these questions in the order asked.
    No. But making a simple CO2 drip is easy. Just fill a bottle with vinegar, poke a hole in the bottom, drip it over a bowl half filled with baking soda. 3 or 4 drops per minute is a good rate.

Put your hand just above the tops of the plants, if its too warm for your hand to be there comfortably, its too hot for your plants.

Only gotta actively vent out air if it gets too hot or dry in there. Although, fresh air is good for any plant.

There are WAY to many variables in growing to give you a straight answer for the last question. The best way to increase your yield is to read read read all you can find about growing pot, read these forums, take good notes when you make changes to the grow room, the plant food, lighting, anything like that. Oh then read some more! :)
    Good luck, post pics and keep us informed of how your grow turns out please.

3. hey thanks man,
    if i can borrow a camera from someone i'll try and post some pics
    and show you how the babies are doing.

Also, one more question.

I have in my possession a flowering hermaphrodite.
    Is it worth it to keep her flowering(its by itself)?
    Will the buds be all seeds, or will i just have to pick through them?

Thanks again,
    Hobbit

4. Glad to help where i can (i have some experience, but no where near as Ganja Guerilla, SmokenVtec, and others).

Hermies anger me! Grrr!

Anyway, if you carefully remove the male flowers (sharp pair of scissors, a good eye and steady hand are all you need), you can still have seedless female buds. Careful tho, the male pollen sacks are delicate and easily broken (in nature, they can be opened by a stiff breeze). If this heppens you'll get a little poof of yellow pollen and some seeds at harvest time. If you do not cut off the male flowers and let them mature, they will open and release their pollen, and the only female buds to catch it are on that same plant. Yes, if you don't cut off it's balls, your plant will literally fuck itself! :eek: