first grow attempt failed..

Discussion in 'Absolute Beginners' started by sysoad, Jun 12, 2006.

1. So I've been saving up my seeds for the past few months and about a month ago I tried to start growing outdoors. I used a damp paper towel first to let the seeds germinate then planted them in cups and eventually transported them outside. Unfortunately there was a week of heavy rainfall and they all got washed away I guess :(. Fortunately I still have a couple seeds left.. picture of the left over seeds included for the hell of it.

I think I put them outside too early, if I had let them grow alittle more before putting them outside would the rain still have been a problem? It was pouring the whole week, my yard had a little mini river.. lots of rain. The entire area my plants were in was basically 3 inches deep below water.

Attached Files:

2. hmm.. sorry about the flood. next time do as you said and get them a little bigger in the cups first, then if you can put them in the ground at an elevated area that might help with the heavy rain.. if at first you don't succeed, try, try again...

3. Such a damn shame.

I start my babes off in 5 litre containers. When they show sex the girls get planted into bigger pots, if I were planting in the ground I would wait till then, when they are about a foot tall.

Grasscity Deals Near You