First Grow - at 3 weeks

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Freakshow68, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Here is my forst grow.
    I have 7 plantsin Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil
    400 watt hps
    in basement bathroom that is never used or enter (water was turned off long ago by landlord)
    small 6" fan blowing 24/7
    currently in 18/6 lighting schedule

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sorry about the low quality pic. My digital cam broke so I am improvising. I started LST on the 2 tallest plants. Going to wrap the around the inside of the buckets, which are 3.5 gallon. Hope they are big enough. It's my first, so it is something of an experiment

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. better pic of my biggest plant in some LST

Attached Files:

4. OK, Plant #3 is doing very well. Showing 5 new tops after 3 days of lst. I will let the original top grow taller before I tie it down. The others i have put into lst have done well but need to grow more beofre I can corkscrew them. I'm keeping 3 plants natural in order to compare yields.

Attached Files:

5. 2 more in lst - smaller plants. Need to grow a little bit more before tying.

Attached Files:

6. Looks good...

7. Work on getting you some flourescent lights so you dont gotta run that 400w HPS all day...... and then you can use that HPS to flower your plants and have 1 nice ass set up.... And a endless supply of plants ready to be flowerd if you use clones.

8. Thanks for stopping by Chronic! I am on the same thought train as you. I will be adding 4-6 cfl's this next week.I have a little high ph problem (7.0) to deal with at the moment. After watering with a mixture of 1 tbsp of vinegar, 1 gallon of filtered water, 10 drop chlorine remover, 1/2 tsp Big Bloom, and 1/2 teasponn of Tiger Bloom, oh yeah, threw a little H2O2 in as well, my pots are reading about 6.3 to 6.5. I know that's quite a mix, we'll see if they survive the night.LOL.
    I'm really happy with the HPS. It's quite cold in the basement bathroom and the HPS is keeping the babies warm. I run my lights from 6 pm til noon the following day. That way, they are warm during the coldest part of the day, then have a nice 15 degree cooling off. I want to run the cfl's to add more blue light for veg.

thanks for the good word!
    peace

9. Sounds good.

10. Things are going well. PLants look good. I have 5 in lst and leaving 2 free. Noticed some N burn so I checked PH and found it to be around 7.0. Watered with filtered tap, chlorine remover, vinegar to bring ph to 6.0, 1/2 tsp of tiger bloom and 1/2 tsp of big bloom. I wanted to take it easy on the N and the TB has more minerals. Pics are below. The first is the continued LST on my big girl(?) when I tied her(?) up on Sunday. The next is her today. I can't get over how quickly the response is. I counted six possible colas on this plant. :hello:
    The 2 I left free are doing very well,. I think my ph meter is off so I did a little flush with tap, H2O2 and chrloine remover (10 drops per gallon)

Attached Files:

11. Here man, :bongin:
    I just loaded it. Enjoy!
    peace

12. If you just got 1 room and you got only them plants.... That HPS will grow a good plant from start to finish.. Just use them cfls in a differnt room so you can Veg plants b4 you put them into the flowering room.

(Or start the veg in that room with the CFL's then use the HPS to flower)

13. Would you read up on Fimming and Topping for me? Once you learn and understand why you need to do them 2 things then you will be so happy. Check out grasscity for both of them and there is fourms with pictures and everything for you.

14. Dont use a string to do your LST use Hangers from your closet and been them to be just a lil bigger then the stem it self... Useing string you run the chance of cutting your plant.

15. Good Point. I do have wire hangers that I have cut - using that on 2 other plants. I cut them in a "U" and stick them inton the soil. I think I will switch to paper clips and string as well.
    Thanks as always for the input! I really appreciate it!
    On my way to Fiming and topping....

16. Your PH should be between 6.2. - 7.0..... 6.2 is more on the Acidic side and 7 being Neutral... I like mine at about 6.8 so its just a lil Acidic.

17. Useing String tied to a paper clip then have the paper clip bent around the plant would be perfect.

18. PH was runing 7.0 and I wanted 6.5 to insure max nute intake by the plants. right now they are running 6.8. I looked up a great thread on Fim and Topping by Dierwolf. Very informative. Thank you for pushing me to do that. One question, whe I look at the biggest plant that I have tied down, it looks like I have 5 new tops growing out of the nodes on the stem. They look just like the top. That is what I was referring to when I mentioned colas. I have reads, on another site, if you bend the stem parallel to the soil that trhe auxum (SP?) hormone will travel from the top of the plant and produce these. So I am hopeful, and that is exactly what looks to be happeneing. What do youi think? I like the idea of Topping and FIM and will do that once the plants get taller.
    peace

19. WHERE THE pictures at... i didnt want to see text at three weeks...
    maybe your posting them now?
    hopefully...
    i be back!

20. FIM will make more and more bud sites so you can do that right now if you want...(Do it to just 1 plant so you can understand it more)

Also top 1 of your plants so you can get a better understanding of that.(Will start to grow in a Y shape from the top)

Then next time around use both FIM and Topping on 1 plant.

Yes anything you read by Dierwolf is real good information....

I dont know anything about the "auxum (SP?) hormone " but i dont think you need to worry about that to much.

Could you post some updated pics?

(Make sure you understand completly how to FIM and Top b4 you do it)
    (Its real simple to learn tho)
    (Read it 2 or 3 times if you have to)