First grow,are my babies looking ok?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Guffa1987, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Hey. Have had my 2 seedlings in my grow tent for 3 days now,they are under a 600w Mh light. My 2 seedlings are THC Bud and Pineapple express. as its my first grow im not 100 % sure on what I should be looking out for in regards to a healthy plant. They were stretched like a bitch before i put them in the tent so I re-potted them. Just looking for any advice or tips or general knowledge of how my plants are doing :)
    Cheers in advance :bongin: seed 1.jpg seed 2.jpg seed 3.jpg seed 4.jpg

2. They look okay man. Remember not to use any nutes first 3 weeks, only plain water with ph value 5.8-6.5. Good luck.

Mine are 2 weeks now.
    Subscribe to my thread, and you might catch some tricks and tips;
    http://forum.grassci...-w/-pics-*Enjoy

:)

3. Cheers man :)

4. Anyone else have any input on how my seedlings are looking?

5. They look like seedlings alright  ;)  Looking good so far, nice and healthy. If you have more stretch just move your plants closer to the light (or light closer to the plants, whatever is easier).

6. Yeeeeewwwwww,healthy seedlings.... Thanks for the reply man :bongin:

7. How long before I should transfer to a bigger pot? or rather how much bigger should i let it get before i transfer? As always any ideas,tips,hints or suggestions are appreciated and welcomed :bongin:

8. Havent had much growth if any in a few days,should I be worried? Should I be transferring to a bigger pot about now? Suggestions please

9. Don't worry so much- they're healthy seedlings. Overreacting is what generally hurts plants.

No. You have a long ways to go before you need to think about transferring to a larger pot. They are just seedlings man, have patience. I know it's exciting to start growing, but if you don't stick with the script you won't end up with anything except frustration in the end. And you can't smoke that.

11. Cheers for the help dudes. I am fucking heaps excited haha,its hard not to be. Will leave the repotting :) :bongin:

12. I like you enthusiasm. I will watch this grow. I wont be able to tell you a whole lot on what to do but I know what not to do most of the time.

13. Sweet man,thank you. can use all the help i can get :) :bongin:

14. im sure you already see gc as a whole will be helpful. I dont use a ph reader so most of my knowledge comes from trial/error and research. I am definitely ready to purchase a meter now though because my feedings are getting more complex. At the beginning the best advise I can give you is to keep a journal with your feedings and pics so you can get the best advice from other members. Keep it as simple as possible.

15. So heres an update. not having much growth at all. The leaves are really light green,almost like a lime/yellowey colour. Could this be a nutrient deficiancy? also have some purpling on one of the stems.Also looks like one of them is wilting maybe? Any ideas or advice? week 1.jpg week 2.jpg

16. Giving full details of your grow would help... Soil, temps, light, rh, etc.

If the cotyledons are beginning to yellow it means they are almost spent, which could mean they are ready for food.

17. Yeah, i find the easy sign of knowing when to start feeding or to transplant is when your seedling starts to wilt or disscolor, to me it means the plant is running out of food in the current soil, and that there is not enough food stored in the cotyledons

Sent from my C6506 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Maybe i should start them on nutes now then. Sorry man,thought i had all the details. 2 metre x 1.2 metre x 1.2 metres tent. 600 mh and hps lights. using coco and perlite for medium. the seeds are thc bomb and pineapple express. Going to give them a feed today and see how the colouring goes. thanks for the help guys :)

19. In coco? Nice. I feed straight away in coir... Calmg and just a touch of Jacks citrus. Coco hold certain elements in its cation so even when i purge the medium (every ten days or so) i make sure theres calmg and a bit of nutes. Pretty much what i fed the seedlings. Thats followed immediately by a full on feed.

Good luck.