First Grow, Any Advice?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by OH4, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Hi everyone! I have been reading the forums for months and it's finally time to join in.

I have 3 little plants that sprouted at the end of October from some Alien OG bag seeds. They started with way less light than they needed so they are a little stunted but after a week under their new light they have really started to take off.

I'm currently growing in a shelf that I've wrapped in mylar sheets and using a Hollandstar 1000 watt LED panel along with foxfarm nutrients. I don't have a way to control the temperature right now so I've been opening the "door" while the light is on.

Today I noticed the tips of some of the leaves are kind of brown but it is only on the biggest plant, I think maybe it's getting too close to the light but I will post pictures.

I also noticed they have some spots from the gnats that have moved in. I'm purchasing neem oil on Friday to take care of those.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Welcome..
    Read all about it!..
    growweedeasy.com

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I just started as well man great place for info and opionions

4. Hope all goes great mssg me if u need and advise we can help each other out

5. They are in soil. I had a terrible time finding something locally that wasn't miracle grow so I settled for what they had at Lowe's.

[​IMG]

6. Thank you I was actually reading your thread a couple days ago lol

7. Boyfriend left the door closed all day because they were coming to spray for pests. Plants are looking pretty rough from the heat.

I think my biggest plant is a boy. Have to charge the phone a bit before I can take better photos.

[​IMG]

8. Yep Martha (I named them) definitely has balls. The other two are still too early to tell and I don't have too much hope for the little one. Tempted to sprout some new ones in case these don't make it.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Z982 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. It’s not light burn it’s definitely nute burn, still they may not be getting the right light levels as they seem a bit stressed!. When plants leaves canoe or cup downward it’s either due to coldness.. not enough light or typically overwatering. Your plant is fairly light green but yet seems N toxic due to the curled down tips on some leaves, which is a classic trait of Nitrogen toxicity. Nutrient Burned plants show leaf tips as browning, ashed and curling upward (at the tips) as yours shows. Still.. due to the light green leaves (if it isn’t your camera bleaching the pic?) it’s a possibility that your pH is off whack or your plant is not getting the right light it needs.. too much light is as damaging as to little.

What light, type of light and wattage are you using? For a space that size you needn’t go beyond 200 Watts in my recommendation.

If the soil is hot and has organic nutes u don’t need to use any nutrient feeds till 4-6 weeks after transplant into the medium.. I suggest u just feed the ladies with seaweed extract and a little cal-mag or half a tea spoon of Epsom salts a gallon if u are going truly organic!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Thanks for your reply! I have them under a LED panel that's supposed to be 400 watts from the wall but I haven't checked it myself. If it's too much for the space I think I could just line the closet with mylar and get rid of the shelf.

The leaves are a little yellow but it is exaggerated in the photo from the flash. I don't have a good place to take pictures, need to figure something out.

I also have purple stems which I thought was lack of nitrogen? But burnt tips that look like too much nitrogen so I am not sure where to go from here.

I wasn't really planning on going organic I just can't find any soil that's not miracle grow besides the stuff I bought.

11. Trying to let these girls dry out. It looks like the cupping from over watering is getting better.

Still have some yellow on those lower leaves but it isn't spreading? I'm scared to mess with them too much since they were super stressed this week lol

[​IMG][​IMG]

12. Next time you transplant or plant a new seed get about 20-30% perlite in there. The drainage and oxygen to the roots makes a big difference. Looks like you might be ready for a bigger pot as it is.

Ez

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. The male I just threw out had a really nice root system but it was definitely ready for a bigger pot. I'll transplant these tomorrow and throw in some perlite.

14. Just started my first grow too , two blue cheese just posted a few pic feel free to check them out an give some feedback

• Like Like x 1
  15. Girls got bigger pots and some perlite today. I'm thinking I need to reconsider the space I'm using cuz this shelf is pretty small. Might have to just line the closet itself with the mylar and forget the shelf .

[​IMG]

16. I had to turn the lights off on my plants because the pest guys are coming to spray the apartment and I'm at work. It will be off for about 6 hours which is going to be shit for my new sprouts is it going to hurt my older girls?

17. Updated photos of my girls. Old growth is still yellow I think from nutrient burn and definitely from getting overheated last week. New growth looks good to me.

[​IMG][​IMG]

18. So I definitely still am having problems with nutrient burn. I flushed and haven't added anymore. Not really sure where to go from here.