First grow any advice?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Longjohnsilvers, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Little rundown of what I have going here:

4x4x7.5 tent
    600w mh light @ 10 inches from bagseed plants, 12 inches from the auto and 2 afghans all planted in solo cups.
    Temp=72 lights off 77-82 lights on
    Humidity= 40s but has gotten low a few days when I forgot to refill the humidifier before work.

I'm on day 15 for my random guinea pig bagseed. Day 9 for: 2- afghan skunk, 1- auto American pie(which I'll probably not keep, read that it's hard to grow auto/regular together? But will let her grow till it's in the way I guess, unless some one can give me advice on how I could keep her in the same tent?

My main focus in this grow are the afghans, the 3 bag seed sort of started out of me not being able to wait for my shipment of seeds and also to see how easy I could screw this up before wasting the seeds I bought. I might keep one of the stronger ones just to see what it can do if I have the space.

[​IMG]

Yes that's some basil, thyme parsley and a pepper plant in there... I was bored with my tent while I waited for my seeds to get here

Fairly certain I have over watered the 3 older bagseeds plants, also I had to leave for a few days on day 3-4 so they went about 32 hours without light and stretched a bit, I then had the lights about 5 inches a way for a couple days trying to make up for the loss light before realizing that even though temp was good that amount of light is bad

They've been tough little plants.
    [​IMG]

This is over watering correct?
    [​IMG]

2 afghans seem to be doing ok, they are on day 9, but probably have received a little too much water as well. Still trying to learn how to stop messing with them
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Here's the auto
    [​IMG]

And here's a pic of the pepper plant if anyone cares to see
    [​IMG]

Anyone with some advice? Think it's time to transplant into bigger pots or can I wait a while? How do the plants look for being at the age they are?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Your light is too close. Back that thing off. 24-30" until they get a little size. I hope you put drain holes in the bottom of the cups? The wrinkled leaves along the perimeter serrations curved up is heat/light stress. Overwatering usually causes a dropping down of the leaf tips or the whole leaf. It looks like the plant is soaked. Yours have light/temp stress issues. When they're young like that step them off to the side so they're not in such direct light or raise the light up. Lots of people use fluorescents until the plants are ready for their first transplant. They're much more friendly to young ones.

IMO you're best off with 24 hours of light the first two weeks or so. They get tired of it after that and you can switch to 20/4 or 18/6.

3. Thanks backed the light off to 27 inches.

How bad will this effect the plants? They've probably been under that close of lights for around 6 days.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. The optimal strategy is to start them off nice and far with plants off to the sides. Watch them closely for stretch and signs of curved up taco leaves. Then if they're happy you start to move the light down with their tolerance to light increasing as they get bigger. You find a happy spot where you get healthy growth but don't cause the upcurved serrations which is your first sign the lights are too close or you don't have enough air circulation/too high of temps. 80 degrees is a good goal for the hot part of the day.