First Grow and need some advice Short Plants

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by grow4rx, Nov 12, 2009.

1. This is my first grow that i have kept going after like a month. I have been growing this plat for 7-8 weeks as of 11-12-09. I am growing just some regular plants, nothing fancy just yet. With my set up i am using organic dirt a custom blend of organic miracle grow, perlite, blood meal, and some other things. I am growing with a six inch pot so its about a gallon. So i'm looking at getting my plant around 2 feet so i can take clones from it. I still dont know if its male or female. My room im using is about 2ftx2ft with a height of 8ft. My light set up is 3 shop lights and 1 under cabinet flurescent light. I have four 4ft T8 32w each daylight flurescent bulbs also two 4ft T12 40w each daylight flurescent bulbs and two 2ft T5 4w each with warm (they have like a red/orange glow) bulbs. I have a 3 day water program;
    Day one i use Fox Farms Grow Big Fertilizer mix to 1 tsp per gallon of water also i put in a diluted mixture of Bio-Tone Root Growth the reccomended mixture is 1.5oz. to the same gallon of water but i just mix about .5oz in to the water. Then the plant gets fed twice. The first time i pour enough to make a layer of water about 1/8th in on top of soil then i water it 45min-60min later slowly till water starts to drip from the bottom.
    Day two i use tap water mixed with Bio-Tone Root Growth 1.5oz to the gallon. Watering the same as day one at the same time.
    Day three I use a diluted miracle grow tomato plant feed/fertilizer diluted to half so i use .5 tsp per gallon mixed with Bio-tone Root Growth diluted down to .5oz per same gallon. Watered the same as day one and two.

The light cycle is on at 7am and off at 1:30am. I have a non-oss desk fan thats on every 3-5 hrs during the light cycle for half an hr each time its on.

The problem im having is that the plant is slowly growing its so far 4.5 inch tall with a 12.5 inch diameter at 2 months. It has 16 main branches/fan leafs and there are 2 more about to branch out. There are 13 node branches, and there are 4 more that are going to be branching out shortly. The bottom 8 main branches/fan leafs may need to be cut soon just because they are dying off because the plant is so bushy and they cant get light. The nodes are pusing them down and away from the light.

The lights are vertical to the plants kinda like a TeePee with the plant in the middle. i have the lights as close as possible with out touching because i dont want the plants to strech.

I also will be starting to add CO2 to the mix by Dry Ice or Fermentation.

If anyone has any idea or suggestions i would be glad to hear about it. I will need all the help i can get. THANKS

2. Raise those lights up a bit ,make the plant sretch a bit.