First grow and my new set up! Tell me what you think!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by rhapsodyrcks, Apr 27, 2011.

1. #1 rhapsodyrcks, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2011
    Alright fellas gals heres my new set up. My old one was so ghetto I won't even put up pics of it. I basically had a large 50 gallon storage container lined with mylar and a bunch of CFLs and a fan.

I am limited on space…full time culinary student living in a one bedroom apartment with 11/2 baths. I considered putting my grow tent all sorts of places but wanted it out of site. So I chose my master bathroom as its actually very large. It has two doors going into it and the tent is in front of one of them. I figured that was best since no one other then my significant other and myself would use the main bathroom. Anyone else taking a leak can use the half bathroom. The closet, bedroom were also out of the question.

So what I have is a:

32x32x64 Perfect size for the area. Its not the best one but when I had my girl zip me up inside and lights on saw only like 2 spots where there was light leakage…duct tape will solve that. Could not beat it for 79 bucks.

6 inch inline fan with tubing. I am going to be venting the exhaust into the DIY ONA Odor control thing I made off here. Seems to be getting great results from others.

Bought a Temp/Humid gage, GE Digital Light Timer

For lights I bought a GrowPanel 45 LED system for verging. No flames please :). I want to see how it works. The reviews on it are very mixed. Some people hate it with a passion some see great results. Only time and people like myself buying it and using it will really determine if there worth it.

For flowering I have a 400 watt HPS Air Cooled Tube. (I have not gotten that in the mail yet). I will set it up as soon as I go into flowering mode.

For some additional lighting and I can add more since I have a crap load of CFLs..using 26 watt and 35 watt 6500k CFLs.

Also bought a humidifier which I set outside the tent.

What I noticed so far..When the tent is zipped it gets to about 80-82 degrees in there. With it part way open about 1/3 drops some. When the AC kicks on in my place the inside of the tent gets to about 75-77. I don't have the exhaust fan hooked up yet as I am waiting for it in the mail.

My humidity with a humidifier on seems to be stuck at about 46%.

Also my bathroom has a pretty good exhaust fan should I leave that on? Do you think that will help with the smell once they start? I planted my plants March 31st there about 5-6 inches high so far.

Included some pics and link to the HPS light I bought. Thanks guys! Advice is welcome, just no bashing on me for buying a LED Panel!

A question on the LED Panel..its ultra cool I can hold it and barely tell its warm..should I move it closer?

My HPS light that I bought

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Watt-Electronic-Ballast-Reflector-GYO2009/dp/B004HNPGKA/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1303934986&sr=8-5[/ame]

Attached Files:

2. Looks good so far, love to see all the fresh herbs kept together.

3. HAHA yea. Well I had them out on the window sills but the dam cat kept messing in the box so decided to throw them in the tent. I have juliet balconies so when the tomatoes are ready to plant I will put them there outside.