First Grow and Journal

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by loummar7, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Hey guys whats up?

This is my first grow ever and Im doing it in a closet, also trying to do it kinda cheap until i get a good grasp on the whole process. Im growing in a 5gal bucket with coco coir. I have four 65w cfl's 18 hours on 6 hours off and fox farm nute trio pack. its S.A.D. Auto seed, but i didnt write down the day i started it so not to sure how many days its been growing. Just wanted to start this to do a little grow journal and also get help from the more experienced guys when i have some trouble or whatever.. heres a couple pics of it now, there is something going on with the leaves that im hoping someone can point me in the right direction. do you guys think if i put more of the cfls on the floor so it gets the lower leaves and lower part of the plant that it would do any good for it or would it just be useless? Thanks guys!

Attached Files:

2. I've seen CFL grows where they almost encircle the plant. I would think that as long as you're not getting heat issues you're all good.

How much space do you have to grow in?

3. Compleyely forgot about this post, thanks for replying. I have about a 4x8 area, I have 5 spiral 6500k and 4 6500k tubes, its on a 12/12 cycle now and has begun to flower about a week ago. Since this is my first grow, I have just been letting it do whatever it wants. Now to me it looks like its stretching, and doesnt look like it should. It also has a lot of leaves at the bottom that arent getting much light, I was wondering if at this stage i could trim any of them or something similar. I have some pictures, hoping someone can point me in the right direction with some help, thanks guys!

Attached Files:

4. Its spindly and looks like it's stretching because you are flowering with fluorescent lights. They work really great for vegging under, but when it comes to flowering, they leave a lot to be desired. The plant doesn't produce big fat juicy buds like what you're trying to grow. When you can afford it, you need something better to flower under like an hps or LED. With one of those, it'll be bushier and look more healthy and grow you bigger better buds. But you've done really well for this being your first time. You've managed to keep your plants alive...which is more than a lot do. LOL Good luck! TWW

5. I'm sold on LED. Some of them might get a little salty (I paid about $350 for 300w fixture ) but it makes up for it in the utility bill. Plus, there are little to no heat issues...and they last a long time.