First grow and harvest, how did I do?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by MCsquared, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Wet trim. Did I trim too much, not enough or just enough?

Do you guys try to use ALL trim(fan leaves, etc) to make canabutter? Do you let trim dry before decarbing?
    Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Looks good to me. You harvested a couple weeks early imo

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Trichromes were showing amber. Seed supplier said 9-10 weeks and its 9.5 today.

4. I agree shes a bit early.but good job for sure man

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 Kronik352, Aug 16, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    She does look a bit early from your pics......but either way....shell smoke juuuuuuuus fine

Trimming looks good in preparedness for drying.....if it's just for you and you dont mind the sugar leaves....you can leave it be with what you have done......if it's for others, you might wanna hit em again with the trimmers after dried.....my .02

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Looks nice onlything about breeder times on back are a guesstement most of time u can tack on 1-2 weeks longer and be pretty close to spot on

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yup most genetics you can add on 1-2 weeks almost every time in my experience ....I also agree with what kronic said.im not fussy with my own smoke but if I was buying it I'd want most the sucker leaf gone...once again good job man.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Awesome, thanks guys...yes, this is for personal enjoyment. What signs are you guys seeing that make you think 1-2 weeks longer? It's a sativa, and I didnt want it to be couch lock heavy.

9. Those buds are covered with fresh white hairs. Generally that is an indicator that the buds are still growing and putting on size.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. The amber I was seeing on the leaves is why I thought they were ready.

Attached Files:

11. ya, rookie move... happens to us all at one point or another

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Oh ya my first 3 outdoor grows I cut them down a lot earlier than you did pal so I wouldn't worry about it and your educated as you knew that the earlier you cut the less of a couch lock buzz you get and ya knew about the amber tricomes so that's pretty good in my opinion and your smoke will be bomb even if cut a little early ...keep up the good job.if my first indoor grow goes as good as yours I'll be a happy camper for sure....happy growing

13. Yes it is early. Looks like you did a good job trimming for personal use. Very common to harvest early. How long a strain takes is going to have a lot to do with the environment they are grown in. Good luck in your next cycle!

14. That's why "we" don't go by leaves....we go by the trichs on the buds themselves....and the white and/or colored hairs for a more "general" timeframe

@Grow Vault .....do you know much about autos?

15. @Kronik352 No we dont grow any autos.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Should of waited to harvest. Personally I would trim the leaves better

17. Hope it's sativa lol! Too bad u didn't need to go somewhere for 2 weeks and than came home and harvested! Pretty buds though

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app