First Grow and First Problem

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Gator01, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Ok my plant started showing a discoloration of the leaf about 2 weeks ago. It was isolated to the one leaf shown. Can someone tell me whats going on?
    ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
    Im using a soil mix of 1/3 perlite 1/3 unfert potting soil and 1/3 mushroom compost with worm castings. I am feeding with M.G. for first two weeks after sprouting and now on Fox Farm Big Grow and Big Bloom. I was veging under a 70w HPS and a 55w T-5 cool white.

Plant is about 5 weeks old and looking strong otherwise.

Attached Files:

2. Hello... Can i get some love here?:)

3. You overfert it! Why to use bid bloom in the veg?

4. I thought so. I did not have the Big Grow yet and i did not want to use MG for more then the first 2 weeks. Pulse the feeding schedule on the FF web site recommended it, check it out http://foxfarmfertilizer.com/feedingfox.html. I have eased up on the nuets. Im now afraid im under fert. Im getting a TDS meter and a pH meter this week. That should solve the problem of over fert right? I should be able to measure what im feeding.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

5. PS thanks for the reply!

6. I don't know what is a TDS meter! :)

I bought some Grotek KickStart and they say to use it as soon as the plant have a pair of leave and it burned my plants.

7. Yeah Im assuming alot of it depends on your strain. TDS= Total Dissolved Solids a way to measure solids ie ferts in your solution in PPM.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

8. That was a freebies bag and they all reacted the same way.

COol! Do you know what PH tester and TDS tester you will buy? You are in soil?

9. Gator,
    First off, the web site you provided does not take into account that you will be growing weed in their product. Second, weed does not need to be fed, at all, for at least the first 3 weeks of its life here on Earth. Therefore, I agree with PropheCy604 in that they are over fertilized. You should definitely get that ph and TDS meter; they will both help you out. However, I would still recommend that you stop feeding it and maybe give it a flush on the next watering. Good luck.

10. Humm.... I see. I agree its prob. neut burn, but i have to say its pretty random that the FF schedule is for a 12 week cycle, and it starts from seed or cutting, veging, flowering, man i think it resembles our cronic growth schedule, so if they were talking about cucumbers or something its a weird coincidence.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

11. nutrient burn alright, fox farm has a riduclious feeding chart

all strains are different but the nutrient amount for cannabis when using fox farms chart is outragous

your plants dont look to big, i would be using 1 tsp per gallon weekly of the grow fert thats it

but right now you need to flush out your plants with alot of fresh water and wait one week before giving them any food

but you have to flush with alot of water

2 to 5 gallons of fresh water for every gallon size your pots are

look more at the pic too it looks like you got mites! is that dirt or is that bugs? check your plants underside leaves very good for bugs

12. I have been letting 10 gallons of tap water bubble for a few days and i will be doing a flush this evening. I will scale back to half the recommended dosage for the ferts. As far as the black spots that is dirt. I had just repotted when that pic was taken. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    To flush should i just pour the water through the plant/soil?

Thanks

13. Yes.
    Pour through the soil. It will probably take a while to do. Don't rush.

14. I just ordered my meter:

HAN-pHEC pH and EC and TDS and 1 $ 109.95 $ 109.95
    Temperature Combo Meter

15. So that's $220 total?

16. no $115 with shipping

17. Gotcha
    How is the yellowing looking today? Any worse, better or the same?

18. Got my meter and checked everything: My tap water is about 8.5. I have an RO unit for my Reef Tank top off water but its pH is about 9.5 to 10. I adjust it for my reef tank but the buffer I use only brings it down to 8.3. I have a digital pH/TDS meter now so adjusting is not a problem. I just got the meter this past weekend. I was shocked to see that my water pH was so high and I have not been adjusting. I used some Acidifier with Iron and trace elements that I got from my local garden store to adjust the water. It's a once a year additive( directions are for acid loving plants and said to mix one bottle to 15 gallons and apply to soil at base of plant and will work all season) so I'm afraid to use it to much, but I will have to adjust for every watering and I don't want to get to much build up of trace elements found in this solution. I did a flush with water that I adjusted to 6.4. The water effluent from the pots when flushed with the 6.4 water was about pH of 7.8 so I know it was much higher. I flushed and measured the effluent until the effluent from the pots was pH of 6.8. Hope I did not shock the pore little girls. BIG QUESTION? What's the best fluid to use for pH adjustment? Thanks!!

19. PH up and PH down of course. What is the ph of the soil itself when you do give it that super high ph'ed water?