First Grow-Ak47 x Lowryder #2 Auto Cfl grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by BuckyBadger, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Hey fellow growers and stoners alike thanks for checking out my first grow:wave:

Strain:Ak 47 x Lowryder #2 Autoflower (from Attitude)

Lights: 6 23watt 6500k cfls with 3 6500k 65watt bulbs for veg and then swap out 3 23w 6500k for 3 26w 2700k and 2 65w 6500 our for 2 65w 4100 during flowering.

Soil:For soil I will be using an organic soil that has peat moss,perlite, limestone in it already and I bought some earth warm casing to go in there as well. I also bought some bone meal to mix in as well. Should i buy a bag of perlite just to mix a lil more in?

Nutrients: I bought the big 3 fox farm nutrients: Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, and Big Bloom

Grow space: My closet which is about 2x3x5 which I'll have 3 plants in. I'll have 2 9"fans blowing in there to keep the temps down and circulate the air

Pics to come soon, I've done a ton of reading on this website and I hope to contribute to others grows as well.

I'm going to be germinating my seeds later today. I'm going to be using the paper towel method to do that.

Wish me and my babies luck ladies and gents because I hope to make my first grow as smooth as possible(K.I.S.S baby) Happy smoking:smoke:

2. started my first 1st september. my Sheila is doing really well! wish you the best of luck and make sure to use epsom salts if you have a Mg deficiency, will sort her out a treat!!

3. good luck bud

4. got any pics of ur grow?

5. Plan on posting pics later tonight. Ended up having to work bright and early so didnt get to it last night

6. i understand get that money!

7. #7 BuckyBadger, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2011
    After the long process of downloading GIMP and resizing my pictures I finally have some.
    The first is of what my light fixture will look like during the first 10 days in the blue cups.
    I started germination in the paper towel last night. I added a bunch of different lights in there.
    I now have:
    3 42watt 6500k cfl
    5 26watt 6500k cfl
    5 23 watt 2700 cfl
    I also have a fan underneath blowing fresh air up since heat was a problem but luckily I gave her a pre-run and fixed it. The second is my soil mixture I plan on brewing up, I dont have my 3 FF nutes but soon. and the 3rd pic is just showing the space I have to work with.Thanks for the all the kind words!:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Should I plant directly into the big pots right away or into the blue cups and then transfer over? I've heard autos like as little stress as possible.

9. Any opinions on my above question? It's like christmas morning every time something new comes. I just got my FF nutes today along with the recommended epson salt.

10. #10 albertahigh, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2011
    hey man, ive got 3 autos on the go right now, with 3 under my belt. lowgirl autos from advanced. my first grow i planted in red cups just like yours and then into 5 gals around 3 weeks, which grew fine. my current grow i have 3 started, 2 weeks in and they are going as good as can be expected.

there might have been a short recoup time after the transplant, but i didnt notice anything serious. the plants ended up growing great for a first attempt. for some reason ive had trouble with keeping strong stems at the start when i plant directly into the final pots, but that might be unrelated. id say as long as you keep an eye on them and dont botch the transplant, it won't make much of a difference

11. Alright my babies are almost germinated and I decided to put them directly in the big pots mainly because then my lights are set up already for 1 foot away. Should I throw full light at the seedlings in the soil right away or should I just use the 3 42 6500k for the first couple of days?

12. The more the better!!!

13. Alright I put them in the soil under full lights about 1 foot away with proper ventilation. The temp is a lil warm at 81 but it will cool through the night and door will be open at all times. Was wondering about when I should put the epsom salts in and start a feeding schedule. I was thinking about using 1/4 strength grow big day 10 pry and 1/2 strength big bloom day 14 what do you guys think?

14. i planted mine in a small pot to begin with then when the roots started to show through the bottom i transfered into a 7.5 litre. they dont seem to mind trnasplants. i tell you what though mine was 6" on the 6th october, its now 14"!!! amazing growth!!!:)

15. Hmm well I already put them in the big pots. Oh well I'll go from here I've got two of them that are sprouting outta the soil already and hopefully one more by morning

16. Alright time for a update. I'm considering 10/18 Day 1 as all three have sprouted!:hello:

I've currently got 361 watts on the three ladies which by my calculations is about 22,500 lumens. Wednesday I decided to feed the ladies 1 tsp of epsom salts with 1000 mL of water per plant. Then decided to take some pics. Enjoy

My late bloomer Day 2
    [​IMG]

My second lady Day 2
    [​IMG]

And finally my third lady Day 2: A little stretching maybe?
    [​IMG]

I also threw up a pic of my overhead to show how decently this homemade reflector worked
    [​IMG]

17. Day 5 Pics
    [​IMG]
    Late bloomer Day 5
    [​IMG]
    and finally the third Day 5
    [​IMG]

18. Good luck man, I'm about 2 weeks ahead of you on a similar grow just 1 plant though, will be watchin n see how you get on.

19. looking good sir

20. Also I'm on a 24/0 light cycle right now. Pry going to go to 20/4 at day 10 and give 1/4 tsp of grow big on that day. Any opinions on how much water I should be giving each plant each time I water. I have a moisture meter so I make sure the soil is dry at the bottom before I water but I've yet to have water come out the bottom. Not watering enough each time?