First Grow, Afghan Kush Ryder,DWC,bubble bucket, G3 UFO LED & more!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Revjim, Nov 26, 2011.

1. If your going to use dec in the attic side on the same of caution and put it or them in a waterproof pan,preferably a large one, maybe even yur it into the exciting plumbing in the attic or the Hvac drain in you have central air.

I am a HVAC mechanic and have seen the damage water leaks from attics can do.

2. i'm building a whole room up there, with waterproof floor and drains

but the sides of my buckets will have level meters in them to prevent overflows and it'll all be controlled from a single reservoir... i plan to have taps on the connecting pipes so i can isolate them for flushing and specific nutes if required, but everything will be in a waterproofed room up there...

3. Awesome! Best of luck to ya, and post some pics!

When I get my own home if it has a basement that will be the spot, but if not the attic it will be

4. yeah i wish i had a basement, almost bought a house with one but that was before i had ever thought of growing, now my next house buy will definitely have a basement!

5. Day 57: (44 in dwc)

Res change this morning, switched to full strength nutes and 3/4strength AN "Nirvana" 930ppm. Ph at a steady 5.7

Shes still young for her age because of my mistakes at the beginning, but I'm in no rush even tho my next smoke will be this smoke.

6. Almost forgot the pics lol

image-908541259.png

image-723100002.png

image-1052321237.png

image-664692026.png

7. Call in the reinforcements!

2 days ago while adjusting my CFL rig it slipped and fell onto my pant, so I said F this, I'm going big forget this cfl and UFO, I'm buying a 240w Blackstar!! So it came today, and here she is in all her glory.

image-2027348978.png

image-364501746.png

image-935190148.png

8. sweet, i love how those look all lit up on the plants, love a nice magenta pot plant :D

9. it looks so much better in person, these iphone pictures do not do it justice. Im going to buy a microscope tomorrow after work to start checking the trics. I really think and would like to get a couple more weeks to fatten up the buds.

10. Everything is looking great man. I wish you would of used the other LED light throughout the rest of the grow. I was really looking forward to seeing the results off a cheaper LED + CFL combination.

11. I was thinking the same, but I couldnt wait lol. It wont make a major difference in the yield I think since its so late in the game, but hopefully Im wrong.

12. Day 63. (33rd day since first sign of preflowers )

The new Blackstar 240w 2012 model is amazing bright! I wish I would have jumped on it from the beginning because I'm thinking these buds have met there maximum.
    I'm noticing pistils,(which she didn't explode with sadly) turning orange and retracting on the upper buds. The "main cola" is leafy and sparse, with yellowing tips I guess from nuts burn but the ppm never went over 980, and I see most people during flower having ppms near 1400!

image-3280584070.png

image-2562919456.png

image-3913250574.png

"main cola"

image-4251979995.png

13. Solid grow man just went through the thread from day 30 to day 50 she grew sooo intensely!!! i just harvested my AKR and Big Devil and Fast bud and i have started them again. my new baby AKR is like 14 days old now i think or close to it. so i cant wait to see how yours turns out :) come check out mine if you wish :) i might also start a new thread so it can be just dedicated to this grow :) ps YOURS IS FROSTIER THAN FROSTY"S BALLS!!! :) she is gorgeous :)

14. I can't wait till mines get bigger. Got mines under a 600w light now and they are growing fast. When did yours start having odor cause if I get about 5 inches away from my plants I can start smelling them and I only have 3.

15. I started noticing smell when it was still in veg around day 25 or something like that.

16. Day 70.

She hasn't fattened up or filled out, I think she has reached her max. I just wish I went with the Blackstar 240 from the beginning. Thinking about chopping her, all the hairs are orange, I didn't get the microscope to check the trichs tho, was going to go to Radio Shack today but its snowing now so thats a bust.

17. well i bet since its day 70 and i have grown this already and am growing it again, she is ready to take down :) all the hairs are orange and receded so your good man :) take her down take some pics and let her dry out so you can get high of this AMAZINGLY potent strain :) A++ for me man... cant wait to see your results :)

18. thanks man, I appreciate the complements. She is being sacrificed to the scissor gods tomorrow morning. Kinda bummed on one hand, but also proud of my first grow on the other

19. even if you pulled 3 grams, always be happy with a successful 1st grow bru!!! congratz! but it looks like youll get more than 3 lol so your gravy man :) it will be an awesome first trim and smoke :) truuust, so rewarding:)