First Grow Advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by topnoevil420, Aug 7, 2017.

1. #61 generic98547, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Saying mars are throw away models that can't be fixed is just ignorant lmao... they litterially try to send you parts before anything else to have you fix it yourself... a monkey can take the unit apart. Idk how mars comes across as deceitful... they list their actual wattage on everything they sell... then you also have smoke Sara on all these forums letting people who buy the lights know the true specs if they just bought without reading the discription...

And comparing first gen blurples that mars doesn't even sell on their site anymore to a CMH is bs lmao... of course the CMH is going to beat the mars... but you can also buy 4+ mars 300 for the price difference and yield more... you are comparing an outdated light with a newer light with 40 something more watts to top it off lol..

Eh I'd personally say either look into a couple mars 1200's or wait until the quantum boards are back in stock and buy a few. Or by all means look into CMH they look badass... just don't see the point in comparing it to a old ass light lol.
    Grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  2. Vero® Series | Bridgelux, Inc. LED Lighting
    Ok find me led specifications that tell me all i need to know. Whats the efficiency of their led. What driver are they using? Whats the forward current of their driver. Dont know look at the spec sheets on a real led

3. Okay won't be getting that one then lol

4. I will agree with you on the quantum boards a great addition to cob array

• Like Like x 1
  5. Damn skippy thanks ... Know your products research and make informed decicisions.

• Like Like x 1
  6. #66 generic98547, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    I'm considering buying one of the 29 dollar boards like tbone shuffle did and buy a driver and use it as my veg light... 60 kickass watts for around 60 bucks. It's 4K so it would also work nicely as side lights in the flower tent to up production a bit.QB120 Quantum Board

Grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  7. Just need to find tje heatsink and a driver

8. No heatsink required just a driver.

Grow journal

9. So its just the bigger models need cooling? Cool litterally! I could mount it directly to my frame... Like that idea mount 4 of these to my 4x4 scrog received_1798618546821066.jpeg received_1798618546821066.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cobs have lower yeild fosure ive been running my Mars 24/7 for almost a year no problems it's paid for itself to the tune of 7+lbs and I even used it on a grow where I made feminized seeds And didn't weight the smoke off that harvest just threw new plants under it blurple as you say seems to have killed hps this last grow with 2.5lbs harvested in July and the smoke is killer also made some hash from the leafs that was the highest quality I've ever produced you can watch all kinds of grows and see for yourself this last grow one plant what a half pound and I grow straight autoflowers I think you sir are misinformed or don't know because you sir are obiously not very experienced I thought the same thing but this mars1600 proved it self over and over [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  11. Its cool like my grow and bash unknown experience. Could you tell me what size grow you base 2.5lbs on maybe gpw. Cool btw you have your system dialed. If i give informed information on wattage vs par watts and umols how can this cob system be worse or better than a mars? Im not bashing your supposed expirtise in growing or your knowledge of lighting just independent testing of each component. When a independent lab has spectral anaysis done and proven numbers i can then say its the atmosphere and grower issue. Be it mental or actual ignorance.. Lol

12. Cobs don't yeild very well this have been a fact for a couple years it's also a good indication why not many companies choose cobs and actual watts 630 Mars 1600 2.5lbs one grow approximately 1.7-1.8gpw I'd say that's impressive I originally thought the light was 710 watts found out that was a different light lol did much better than I ever thought possible was using hps before led and I'll never go back

13. Thats cool half pound nice haul for a 4x4.....

But 1250grams on a 4x4 is much less from a inferior cob setup im sure

14. 2.5 lbs in a 4x4 set up one plant gave me a half pound by itself

15. My grams per watt is about the same in a smaller area home boy get the fuck outta here with that video yest I watched it but 4x10 grow space 1240 grams 1.7-1.8 gpw I almost got the same yeild in a 4x4 space

16. Must be arguing to argue and look again 1040grams on one side 6 plants and 1241 grams on the other 6 plants and 2 for control. Good job though on the math

17. Even if you cut it in half I still got the same gpw as he did if not a little bit more because I did have tones of small airy bud that I didn't weigh and still got 1.7-1.8 gpw and this guy doesn't have to build a light he can buy a premade pannel and get your yeilds with a ton less money that big ass light is high dollar and confusing I could build it but not everyone is prepared to build a light now with that said I agree that's a great cob set up I've seen some diy cobs they can be great but in general not everyone is going to do that or be able to if I would of scroged I could of ended up with alot more gpw than I did bowel training but it's easier with autos to bowel trian and pretty dam effective I have some set backs that hurt my yeild if you notice I had a Cal mag defecincy and but burn but I got it back dialed in and came out with super high quality bud Knock out Stone and stinky Beautiful bud conclusion don't buy the cobs unless you build yourself I would give this grower some props he did great but I've seen better yeilds with pannels look up a 2.95 autoflower world record he used a 520watt led pannel

18. Btw his grams per square foot was approximately 62 mine was approximately 70

19. Awesome job on that grow brother. We get testy on our setups for sure but in the end of the day we are making a shit ton more than hps and the led boys shouldnt bash each other just beat the shit outta hps and smile