First Grow Advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by topnoevil420, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Top 3 things for me for growing are
    1. Environment
    2. Lighting
    3. Nutes
    There's more but with those 3 things on point or close to on point you'll do good. Gotta add in the rest for great but start on good.

• Like Like x 1
  2. You don't have enough light for a tent half the size you have. Those lights only pull 185watts each - total 370 watts. A 4x8 tent should have no less than 1200 actual watts. Don't you love their marketing techniques?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah, I have to say, the lies and deception make it very hard to get into growing without a lot of research and resources/friends to lean on for help. I appreciate all of your help, just sucks that I've been duped. I'm hoping King LED does something to make this right, but now I'm not sure this setup will work even if they give me another free light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Good luck. Where in MA?

5. Bedford, you in MA too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Not anymore. I lived there in 1998 until 2008. Lived in Beverly and worked in Somerville. I liked living there.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #27 topnoevil420, Aug 8, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    Well good news I suppose with KingLED. Their customer support was actually very responsive and at first offered to refund me $20, but I pressed them more and they offered me a King UFO 300 Watt LED. I pushed one last time and I was offered a King Plus 600 Watt LED. I could not get them to go any larger on the free LED. This light ships out today and will arrive in about a week. With these three lights I will likely have between 500-600 true watts, I will test once I have the new light.

I know a bunch of you have said I need 1200 true watts for a tent my size so I still need to address that somehow. Can anyone suggest a good cheap LED light that I might be able to pickup in the next month or so before flowering? What brands/wattage do you all use? Thanks for the help!

8. received_1798618546821066.jpeg
    Bridgelux vero29 meanwell 480h-c1400b driver 1150 par true led

9. Sun absolute true par lol...
    8 foot supreme haze...

Learn about true led grow lights
    20170802_072409.jpg Keeper of the trees 413
    My you tube channel
    And come over to our forum for mass growers and say hi

10. Hi, thanks for the example, this looks like a cool setup and its a pretty reasonable cost. I also like that it appears expandable. So if I'm understanding right, I'd pickup a bunch of Bridgelux Vero29 and wire them all up to the Meanwell 489h-c1400b driver? How many Vero29 can this driver support? Where do I find the LEDs for the vero29's? I wasn't sure what the 1150 par true led meant.

11. #31 topnoevil420, Aug 8, 2017
    Well, things just got a lot better for me. I went on Amazon's support chat to see if they could add the order for the free light to my account so I could track it. For whatever reason they couldn't find it and instead gave me a full refund for the original two lights and told me I could keep them. It's also possible that the free light already was shipped as it was supposed to be on the way today. This might end up not being so bad after all. What should I get with the $300 to support the two King Plus 1000 watt LEDs?

12. Nice! That's a deal and a half right there! Are you gonna run a perpetual? Could start working on a veg tent if that's your game plan. Maybe higher end nutes? Or stuff for cloning if you're looking to carry on your strains. Ro water system is a great investment too. Or what I'm looking into is setting up a flood and drain system for veg.
    There's so many things you can buy it's ridiculous. And it never ends. I will say one thing I got that's pretty inexpensive and has been great to have is a propagation dome. For seedlings and clones. Basically a tray with a vented dome cover. Mine has a heating mat and a small t5 light that work with it too. Nanotech makes it. It was like 80 dollars I think. But great for clones and seedlings and a ton cheaper than running the big lights for babies.
    Or there's always genetics. The list just goes on and on I tell ya. Lol

13. #33 topnoevil420, Aug 8, 2017
    I do plan on buying a cloning kit soon, but I'm more worried about resolving the lighting issue. Now I have 2 King Plus 1000 Watt LED (maybe another 600 Watt if they already sent it) and $300 to help fix the problem. What lights would you recommend? Should I be looking at other products like you suggested or getting adequate lights?

14. You can always try out just using jiffy pellets water and CFL for clones at first to see if that works for you... works great for me and I didn't have to spend crap lol [​IMG]

Grow journal

15. Thank you so much for the tip, a little whining and complaining got me a much better deal. What do you recommend for lights around a $300 budget? I was able to get a full refund from KingLED and I get to keep the two KingPlus 1000 Watts. It's also possible that they already sent me a free KingPlus 600 watt too, I'm not sure if the seller had time to cancel it before Amazon gave me a full refund. Let me know your thoughts on the lights, thanks again for the help!

16. Mars hydro LEDs I would definitely go with a brand that other growers have used even tho Mars is on the cheaper side it's entry level equipment that's alot further along than most Chinese brands it's actually a brand I'm using and I get great results with it

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

17. #37 topnoevil420, Aug 8, 2017
    Should I go with two 600 watt or one 960 watt Marshydro LED? I've attached some photos.

18. If you're going to use those king LEDs, I would get some 300 watts mars also. They're only around 65 bucks and use 135 watts and 4 cover a 4x4 area perfectly. You could use them to fill in the gaps

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

19. The only issue with the Chinese diode leds like the ones you have or like Bdc15 says with the mars isn't good light. It's good penetration. They have great spectrums but they only give it to the top of your canopy. Whereas something like an hid or an lec may not have the same spectrum but it penetrates 18-24" into your canopy instead of 6-8".
    I'd say your best bet if you're looking for lighting is to stay away from the Chinese blurple leds. In your space I'd be looking for either 2 600-1000w bulbs. Which you could get 2 for 3-400 on the cheaper end but not crap. Or 1 top of the line 600-1000w for 400 or so to cover 1/2 of your space. Then run the 2 that you have for the other half till you can upgrade.
    If you're set on leds get a good plc led. (Pacific light concepts) it'll only cover a small portion of your tent but you'd be on your way to a solid led setup. Or diy. Diy on leds is always best.
    3 setups
    1. 4-5 plc 250 bars. At 450 a piece they're pricey but you really can't do much better in the led world right now. 2.2umol I believe
    2. 2 metal halide/ hps combo kits. 600watt each will cover you well but you could get up to 1000w too. About 1.7umol
    3. 3 cmh315 hoods. 4K spectrum in the middle and 3kr on the ends. This would be my option in that space. 750 for all 3 lights shipped and you'd have amazing yields. I am in a 5x5 for flower and I want 2 315s in that space. And 1.9umol I think.
    Sorry for the long reply. Lights are crazy and there's just so many options.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Maybe I should do what you suggested after all. Let's say I don't use the KingPlus LED and put them aside for a cloning tent. What would you suggest I get from Mars Hydro to fill my 8ft x 4ft by 8ft tent?