First grow, Advice wanted

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JSm0ke, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Just started germinating a week ago, shes at 7 days at the moment seems to be going pretty well at the minuite from my point of view, The seed and strain is Nirvana Bubbleicious

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Not the best pic, I do apologise

What are your thoughts so far?

2. just a little one, what type of lights are you useing?

3. Using CFL 125w blue, its 7 days from seed, and 3 days of that was germ.

4. make sure too keep ur light about 2-4 inchs from the plant

5. Congrats in your 1st Grow and Welcome to the MagicalWorld of Growing. Right now for One pLant you are set with the CFL, however the more light the better, more intensity, more buds fairly simple.

Are you planing to upgrade lights eventually or any time soon ?

HappyGrowing

6. I was planning on just growing 1 with the CFL to begin with and see how it goes, Im struggling keeping the temp bellow 85 degrees with the CFL about 5" from the plant even with extraction and air flow.

7. Don't worry about 85. Ideal temp is about 75, but you don't really need to worry until it gets above 90. Good luck with your first grow! I just finished my first about a month ago with bubblicious. It's sooooo nice a finished product, you will enjoy it.

8. To lower the temp of your plant, mist it once a day till you start the flowering stage(dont need moldy buds), it gets some water, and it also helps keep the plant a little cooler, i had a tempeture problem and it seemed to help with mine. It seemed less stressed.

9. With the temps the only solution that comes to mind will be ventilation (Intake/Exhaust) my Grow is a OpenTent with a Oscillating FAN blowing in front of the tent and my temperatures are just 2 - 3 degrees higher than my house.

I keep my house at 75-76F mt tent is around 79-81F

Check the Fan out in my CurrentGrow vvvvvvvv

Hope that helps !

10. keep light from getting to the roots! duct tape that suckaa

11. Awesome, Its staying steady at about 84-86 in the tent now with the light about 5" from the plant, Ill post pics every 3-4 days to keep you updated!

12. Second update:

Day 7 seems to be slow growth, what do you think?
    I did however transfer it over pots last night to its bigger one, but still your opinions?

[​IMG]

13. yeah, this is your first grow! patience, man, patience! it takes a little over a week to start springing up, but then it'll pretty much double in size every couple days. that looks about right for a week or so old.

14. Day 11, starting to get 5 fork leafs growing!

[​IMG]

15. No advice needed to give. Looks like you got it all figured out for the most part. Going to do any kind of training?

16. Not really sure, its my first grow so I don't really have any clue about that sort of thing.

17. LST - Just tie the branches down to the side of the bucket or something. Or you can just cut the top node off.(topping)

18. I don't think those are 5 fork leaves. You likely have another set of 3 coming. It looks good though. I'm sub'd.

19. Day 15, seems to be getting quicker now, leafs growing out of everywhere!

[​IMG]

Color of the plant is abit distorted due to the Light interfearing with the camera.