First grow, advice needed.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by COOK13, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Hi I'm new to the forum and this will be my first post, I'm cookie by the way :)

Well About a month ago I decided I wanted to take the plunge and grow some bud. Since then I have been researching trying to get my head around how to set up a good grow room. It confused me to say the least :p but I think I have my plan sorted out... (this site has an unbelievable amount of info haha)

I will be growing in a cupboard that is 3ft wide, 2ft long, and 6ft in height.
    I plan to use just one hps bulb and am unsure on what wattage to use ?
    I am going to be growing autoflowering plants only and am going to plant three at 3 different stages (1 every 20 days so I have a regular harvest)
    With this in mind what wattage would you suggest ?

The cupboard will be lined with reflective material and will have 1 or 2 intake pc fans and an out-take fan in the form of a carbon filter.. This one to be exact

4" In Line Fan, Carbon Filter & Duct Kit - Hydroponic Grow Room Tent Ventilation | eBay

Has anybody had any hassles with cheaper carbon filters ?

Thanks for the help guys any tips will be greatly appreciated :)

2. I would go with no less than a 400w HPS light. You just have to make sure that the airflow is good. These lights run hot and you need to be able to keep temps down. I would personally go with a carbon filter kit that comes with a stronger fan. I would also go with a cooltube with reflector to make sure temps stay low. I have a 3X3X6 tent and the temps stay low well with the cooltube.

[​IMG]

3. Probablys a noob question, what is a cool tube ? Nice setup btw :)

4. bulb is enclosed in the tube and u use a fan to pull air thru the tube to cool the bulb should go peep your local hydro shop if you have one