First grow advice needed. Outdoor, guerilla grow.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Lumpiia, Jan 17, 2012.

1. #1 Lumpiia, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
    Whats up GC. This season I plan to finally grow my first plants. :cool:

I will be using Nirvana Kaya Gold and Swiss Cheese fem. seeds and my plan is to have 4 plants (two of each strain) in 25 gallon holes.

I also want to start off the seedlings in small solo cups in soil comprised of:
    50% Straight Peat Moss
    20% Worm Casting
    and 30% Vermiculite
    as well as the use of slug repellent early on.

then transfer the lil' guys into the main soil comprised of:
    40-50% Peat
    3-4 cups powdered dolomite lime per bale of peat
    20% castings
    30-40% vermiculite
    and the following ferts per 25 gallon hole:
    2 cups chicken manure
    1 cup seaweed
    1/2 cup general dry fert
    1/2 cup coffee grounds
    and during the last 3 weeks of flow. 2 tbs of molasses per gallon of water.

Each plant will be protected by chicken wire to fend off against small animals as well.

I do have a few questions though because there are things that I am very unclear about.

In terms of LST I plan to lst all four plants and leave them tied down indefinitely because of both stealth purposes and from what I understand they will catch the sunlight better and yield more bud.

In terms of the seedlings, I am not too sure when it is ok to transfer them into the main soil. I am afraid that it might get too many nutes too early and die a fast death. In fact I'm not too sure how to go about managing seedlings very well at all since I do not plan to start the plants indoors. Any help with that would be extremely helpful.

And lastly, In terms of liquid food, is it recommended about a month and a half into the grow? And if so, what are some good suggestions?

I sure hope this first grow turns out well, Ive been doing some research so hopefully Ill be educated enough by May :p.

Thanks for anybody who decides to help a newbie out haha :D

2. well i do suggest starting those inside and everyday put them outside to start getting hardened off in decent weather i say that because if it rains hard or really windy that could be the end of your grow . When your sure they will make the transfer outside i like to use a soilless mix around the transplant. great drainage and not enough nutes to kill the poor girls. i love your mix sounds like it could be a winner but from solo cups into that bro SCARY! careful they wont like a hot mix if they are more established in maybe a gal pot and 10 to 18 inches tall sure do it i would still put a buffer of soiless mix so there roots slowly adapt just me good luck

3. Thanks for the suggestions bro that sounds like a really good idea, It seems like the beginning of the entire growing process is always the riskiest haha. Especially outdoors man. You've been of great help my good sir haha :cool:

So I'm thinking solo cup
    then transfer to a 1 gal pot with the seedling mix
    and then go into the 25 gal hole with a soil-less buffer?

4. you should try and avoid transplanting i'd go from the solo cup to you're final hole or start

in the one gallon container than to your hole