First grow advice and problems.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by drimminstoned18, Jan 30, 2013.

1. #1 drimminstoned18, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2013
    So, My very first time trying i was happy to find after 5 days i have a 2.5 inch seedling, and found 2 other seeds have decent tap roots, and one was just down syndrome or some shit and never took. one has barely any tap but looks healthy. Whats the outlook look like for the un sprouted seeds, is it normal for some seeds to take around a week to sprout ??? And as for my seedling, i found one other person had an issue with this, but I found on my stem little white hairs (of coarse too early to sex at 5 days) which i think is just to aid water absorbtion, but on the two first leaves is still those white hairs.. Im only doing a very small plant, I like spending time on it so if i get a little tiny bit of bud its still worth it for me, Now My set is a ghetto ass redneck foam coffee cup with a few holes in side and bottom, and im using one 60 watt spiral tube cfl bulb with a haggard led lantern focused on the plant with foil surounding most of it. One i want to know what these white hairs are even for or what they mean, 2. If my one bulb will work on a 12/12 scedule just with small yield, and 3. im so growing this in montana.. in the winter.. and its gunna be about a week or two before my *landlords* catch what it really is, since they dont garden i told them just some morning glories, but obviously that will last about 2 days before the leaves even form hahaha.how can i hide it .... They are snoopy. Any clever techniques i can pull. Please help, No smartasses i have a serious spine deformation and really need this to take. just one harvest before my med card.. Please help. Of coarse i have to renew my card but this is also 100% legal and for medicinal use.

2. Don't worry about the seed that hasn't sprouted. They can take 10 days or more to break soil. Just give it time. In about another week you can call it, I think.

1. White hairs at this time don't mean much. If you're under 18 hours of light or more the plant won't flower and you won't see sex for at least another 6-8 weeks.

2. What temperature is the bulb? You want at least 100W of light for your first plant and 50W additionally for each other plant.

3. Look into micro grows or pc grows. They're small and relatively cheap but you will need to invest some money for a setup.

Good thread and a place to look:

http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-room-design-setup/26558-cheap-grow-supplies.html

Micro Grows - Grasscity.com Forums

P.S. Aluminum foil or Tin foil isn't good for growing. It captures a lot of heat without reflecting much light. Look into getting Panda Film or Mylar.

AZ

3. In addition to what arizona said, you'll need a bigger pot eventually, too. Lights definately need some work. And tell your landlords you need your privacy or something why would they snoop around so much? Unless they live with you tell them to stay the fuck out you need your privacy!

4. Its a 60 watt cfl tube.. Like i said aslong as i get bud.. nomatter how much its a success, I guess what im asking now is with my current set up and ofcoarse ill add one or 2 more 60 watt cfls is it possible to get happy green? Just aslong as i get a single nug thats all i want, the biggest part for me is being proud i made it this far with no research. if all i get is a single litle baggy well its a bonus.. So is it possible.. to get bud from my setup, I have 0 money, I can get cfl and MAYBE a light powered hps light with lamp. And i have bigger pots which im thinking after ALL my plants reach 5 or 6 inches ill transport them, since its in a foam cup can i just throw the cup in the bigger pot? Thanks everyone, Been through a divource a foreclosure and my illness is flairing,all in the past month, so its been a big help already.

5. Im also a drummer so i have heads i can cut mylar strips and squares out of.

6. Okay, you're going to need to do a little research to be successful.

We need to know the temperature of the bulb you're using. Is it 6500K, 2700K or 5000K? It should say around the base of the bulb. Is it a 60 watt equivalency bulb or 60 actual watts?

What kind of soil/nutes are you using or what are you planning on using?

Styrofoam doesn't degrade easily, so you'll need to transplant and not just plant your cups.

A no budget grow is doable outdoors but indoors you're going to need to spend some cash. My first grow I started with a $200 budget, as time passed I realized what I needed for a successful grow and now I'm at about $600 on lights, fans, and filters in addition to what I've spent on nutes, soils, pots and miscellaneous other things.

You can grow some bud with little light, but you need some light. Make sure you're looking at actual wattage and not equivalency wattage. CFLs work well when you work them well.

7. And if its a tube its probably not a cfl