First grow! About 3-4 weeks in. Closet CFL grow.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by FromMyHips, Apr 16, 2012.

1. So a few weeks back i decided to start growing. It's all done in my closet because I'm still in college and i live at home. My parents DO know im growing though lol It's pretty funny. But yeah, Right now I have 4 plants growing under 4 100w equiv daylight bulbs and 1 120w eqiv bright white bulb. Theyve been growing pretty good aside from a nute burn early on (i got real nutrient excited). I just bought everything to [attempt to] build a grow box for flowering. and I plan on using 4 100w equiv soft white bulbs and 2 120w equiv bright white bulbs.
    These are all bagseeds too.
    Hopefully this grow goes good, not really expecting more than like an oz but hopefully I can just keep adding and improving my garden and theyll get better. lol
    Tell me what you think!
    Tips and everything welcome!

Attached Files:

2. looks good man how much actual watts do you plan on using

3. Its like 122 actual watts for my veg area
    and in in my flowering area i have like 152 actual watts
    I think i might add like 2 more of the 23w daylight bulbs to my veg area
    and Im not sure if im gonna add to my flowering box. Its going to pretty small but i may try to add the tubes later down the sides to see the difference in growth in the buds

4. Nice grow, you will need to all to you flower if anything. The more light the receive the more they will produce.

5. I had bag seeds once. Used to buy from this ghetto guy that would have a shit load of seeds in the bags he'd give me. I saved them up so I could grow and I ended up in the hospital because of my disability. I come out and my mom threw out my seeds. I was so pissed. The dealer with the bag seeds doesn't talk to me anymore since I stopped buying from him. That guy seemed so friendly too. Damn dealers - try to convince a guy they your friend, but they aint.

6. They look great! I think you'll be good. When you flower get a good mix of 2700k and 5500k, the combination of the two is shown to work best during flowering, however veg should still be 5500k or 6700k. Good luck with the grow!

7. Thank you! I'm really hoping so.
    When they were baby seedlings I used to read about lighting and how everything other than HPS bulbs just wouldnt work and everything would just be a waste but then I found some awesome cfl grow journals :D

I'm so excited to build my flowering box too. I wanna send them into to 12/12 by friday so I really need to get to work on it lol

8. Dude! Me too. I have sooo many bagseeds saved up from the schwag i buy lol I used bagseeds for this grow to kinda get a hold of growing since really good seeds are mad expensive. I mean if I'm going to be paying like 10-15 dollars or more on a seed and try to grow with close to no exp I would just kill it lol But if this grow goes well I think Im gonna order a nice strain to try to grow :D

9. So today I finally finished making my grow box that I'm hopefully going to use for flowering my plants!
    It's one of the rubbermaid boxes and some light leaks out which doesn't really bother me because it's going to be in my closet with the door shut. And honestly I dont think I did too badly considering I'm a girl with NO previous experience in building or doing anything like this lol So hopefully come this week or next week i can put my plants in flowering and see if I got any ladies :)
    Yesterday when I was fixing the lighting arrangement I burned the hell out of one of my leaves. Am I supposed to clip it?
    Aside from that Everything seems to be going pretty well with this grow so far :D

Attached Files:

10. Considering putting my plants into 12/12 tonight. I really just want a successful grow. Even if I only get like a couple of grams I would be happy because at least I have experience and I can build and get better. I'm also still torn between LST, topping, scrog, ect ect. I think I might want to clip some leaves before they go into flowering. Hmmm....

11. r u growing auto? and how many plants can u grow in there? wont u need more room if they arent autos?

12. I mean realistically itll probably only house one plant after sexing and all. Whenever Ive seen people build these they flower like 1 plant maybe 2.
    But i was looking at it side my side and apparently my plant are gonna double in size. Idk im just gonna wait n see lol

Another thing I was thinking is to make my now veg area my flowering area since its generally bigger and the plants would def be able to grow taller. The only issue I can think with that is that when the lights go out the possibility of light getting is soooo likely. UNLESS i make the 12 hours of dark at night from like 7 to 7 or 8 to 8 since those are typically hours there wont much light if any.

13. nice set up. im gonna do the same, but with a couple autos(they only get so big, cuz they only yield around an oz.). seems like it should be ideal for autos. good luck man, im sub'd

14. I decided that I'm definetly going to keep my (now)vegging area into my soon to be flowering area and keep my grow box for vegging since it's smaller. That's going to have 6 cfls 5 23w Daylight and 1 30w Bright white bulb. Then for my flowering area I'm going to some type of separator because this is in my closet and my grow box does leak light and I veg 24hrs so I don't want my flowering plants to get exposed to light while they need dark, also the lighting for that is gonna be 6 23w soft white bulbs from the top 4 23w soft white bulbs from the side and 2 40w soft white florescent tubes in the back. I just need to get the rest of the lights for flowering tomorrow and I'll update with some pics.

So now all I need to figure out is...
    If thats enough light
    Hows I'm going to set this up electrically
    How I'm going to try to separate such a small space.

15. I don't think you realize how big these plant are going to get. I hope you have more room to grow.

16. The more they grow and the bigger they get has me realizing that lol
    But I mean Ive seen some crazy grows in smaller places
    if anything this will just be an experience and I can kinda gauge now how big of a space I need for the future

17. I'm about 3 weeks into flowering now
    and everything seems to be going fairly well

Attached Files:

18. I'm about 4 weeks into flowering now
    I initially wanted to have 2 separate areas for vegging and flowering but I just got so busy and decided to save my self the trouble and use all my lights towards these two plants
    its pretty much the 5 daylight bulbs i was using for vegging plus an added 6 solf white/bright white bulbs all ranging from 23w-26w
    Ive been trying to stay fairly organic wit teas and stuff but Ill add like some flowering nute every couple of weeks
    Question
    How much longer should I keep them in flower? I sorta vegged them a little longer than I planned since i just got pounded with work and school so there like almost 3 ft now
    Edit: Also my camera sucks! Shitty cell phone quality foreva!

Attached Files: