first grow, a picture diary. sort of. [56k = no way]

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by C12, Jul 28, 2008.

1. First grow, my buddy and i teamed up to grow a ton of marijuana. we started out with 8 different plots and 8 plants. it was alot of work digging 8 holes and filling them with a custom soil mix (peat moss/topsoil mix), but finally we got it done and put all our plants in the ground. all the plants had been started indoors and were pretty stretched.. sad thing is not long after getting our plants in the ground we had huge storms (14 inches of rain in a week) that took out half of our plants, leaving us with 4 plants.. one of them was seriously sick and didnt recover. thats leaves us with 3 plants..

plant one..

plant one soon after we got it in the ground (pic taken may 28), it was one of the biggest and one of the most stretched of the plants.

[​IMG]

a month later (june 30) it was starting to have bug issues, the bugs have been taken care of but it really slowed the plants development down..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

July 16, a week after a good dose of nutrients and theres a bunch of new growth.. still some bgus on it but its definately gotten better. i started using a homemade garlic insect repellent which works better than either of the insecticides i used.

[​IMG]

Topped it on july 20.. shows a little growth on july 22

[​IMG]

July 25.. more growth!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

july 27

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plant two..

This plant is by far the biggest and would produce the most.. hope its a female!

This is the plant on may 27, another one of the biggest plants at the time (only the big ones survived the storms)

[​IMG]

June 30.. just after topping

[​IMG]

July 16.. nutes are good!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

July 22

[​IMG]

July 25

[​IMG]

July 27

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plant three..

This plant was always a little slower to grow and respond to things i did to it.. the soil at the particular plot doesn't seem to drain as well as at the other plots, i'm guessing thats why.

This is the plant on june 15, still pretty small.

[​IMG]

A month later.. doing pretty well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

July 25th.. doing well, a little nute burn but not too bad

[​IMG]

July 27th.. Do i see hairs?!?!?!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I took a clone of her, shes under my bed for now... might move her outside soon.

I'll keep updating this thread with new pics and whatnot.. Thanks for looking!

2. hey!

Looking good, just about to flower some good bud. Too bad for the storms. You would have gotten more plants! The ones you have seem nice and bushy. If you feed the few you have very well (phosphorous), LST (tie down branches so more sun comes in or bend the whole plant) maybe supercropping (crunch gently main stem in several areas) you can get enough. You just need more time now!

Check out my thread "Pictures 2008" on outdoor forum: not incredible but pretty good. :wave:

3. definitely was a harsh year in the midwest. Wish mine would have survived. Looks like you've got some good shit going though man keep it up and maybe pass a bit on towards the Illinois way haha

4. im in upper il and mine are doin dandy

5. GL with the grow bro

6. went to the plants yesterday, sprayed them, checked for sex. plant one is doing alot better, showing good growth and no new bug issues. i'm happy about that but i still havnt seen any signs of sex yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

plant 2 grew the most, i didn't see any signs of sex or bug issues but a couple of the tops were turned on their sides. not sure qhat thats about, it looks healthy though so for now im not worried.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

plant 3 hasnt grown much but its getting hairy. It looks like some bugs are eating at it in a couple spots so i sprayed it extra well with garlic insect repellent (it worked with plant one). Also a couple of the bottom sets of leaves are wilting, i'm not sure what thats about, it doesnt look like a deficiency or nute burn.. could it be underwatering? it hasnt been raining and i havnt been watering as much as i should.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i still have no idea what kind of bugs are eating my plant..

[​IMG]

got a couple questions, too will the plants grow much during flowering stages? what could be causing the wilted leaves on plant 3? and of course what kind of bugs are eating at plant 3 and whats the best way to get rid of them?

thanks for looking!

7. dunno whats actually eating the leaves.. but you really need to deal with that spider mite infestation before they start to flower. nothin worse than smokin spider mite poo.

good luck partner.

:smoking:

-ksimms

8. spider mites?

the white shit on the leaves is from the garlic spray i use to repel insects.. granulated and powdered garlic mixed with water. or do you see something that i'm overlooking?

9. i would spray strong before u start flowering so u can nip it in the bud.....no pun :)

10. i'll use my insecticide next time i go out.. but is it ok for me to spray that garlic insect repellent while they are flowering? would that cause budrot? could i get away with it?

11. should be okay with a garlic solution... just go easy spraying the buds. i spray with neem up until i start my flush... and that is a diluted oil solution that hangs on the plant for a nice lil minute.

-ksimms

12. is it normal for hairs to be turning brown at this stage in flowering?

and my plants are showing signs of both nute deficiencies and now nuteburn. i hanvt nuted in over a week.

13. its been a while. i have pics from august 15.. i dont have any more recent ones. i watered the plants today, they were showing a great deal of stress from underwatering. we are having a drought here and everything is dying.

plants one and 2 STILL arent showing sex! will they ever? i think i see little somethings growing in the nodes but its too early to tell if they are preflowers or more veg growth. the nugs are starting to really fill out on plant 3.. they're still small but they are there!

here are pics from august 15.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]