first grow a little bit of help please

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by captin cannabis, May 13, 2009.

1. hello this is me first grow and i was just wondering how many weeks should i wait to start folwering the plant is 2 weeks old and starting to stink thank you:smoking:

2. It depends on environment more than how old the plant is. Reason I'm saying this is:

1. a plant grown under CFL's will not be near as big or near as developed as a plants grown under HID's.

2. what kind of soil, etc... a plant grown in plain old backyard dirt is not going to develope as well as a plant grown in fox Farm OF or HF or any other fine soil mix.

In normal conditions, a plant is ready to flower when it reaches sexual maturity, however you can induce flowering at anytime. I prefer to give the plant at least 2-3 weeks, however I have 15-20 inch plants 2 weeks after the seed sprouts. So it is more a determination of how good you want your yield, how big you want the plants.

less

3. im useing bio bizzz all mix i have a 250 watt cfl and a 35 watt cfl

4. #4 BtBR, May 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2009
    Start flowering at 40 days. Or start from seed. Or let 'em veg for year. Or none of the above. It's all up to you brah.

12/12 from seed will grow a short plant with a large main stem cola and not much secondary growth/buds. The yields will not be very large per plant, but you can pack many plants into a small space and you can therefore still get a gpw or more. So it's a good method if you have limited vertical space and many plants to work with.

If you only have a single plant though, a little veg time will greatly increase the size of your plant. If you opt to veg for a while though, make sure you are getting the most out of your veg time by transplanting to a large container. 5 gallon buckets are cheap as hell at home depot, drill a few holes in the bottom and you've got ample room to veg out for at least 2 months and get a real monster plant.

In the end optimal veg time is really determined by the size and amount of light you have to work with. You want to be able to cover your plant with a good amount of light, if you spend extra time making the plant huge and it outgrows your lights and/or space, you've just wasted your time.

5. Actually, veg time determines more than that. Plants that are allowed to reach sexual maturity will produce better quality flowers. Plants that are run 12/12 from seed often are not as potent as plants that are allowed to reach sexual maturity or get close to sexual maturity. There are many ways to control and manipulate a plant in more confined grow areas. I have IBL and Mexi and Thai strians that will grow 20ft if allowed to; a Oaxaca Mexi will grow to a height of 8-10 ft in less than 8 wks of veg outdoors, then grow another 8-10 during the 10-12 weeks of flowering, however, I grow these indoors and keep them under 4 ft by flowering them at about 18-20 inches, running them under 24/7 light for the first 2 1/2 wks from sprouts. They will still get 3 1/2 - 4 ft tall, and produce very fine and potent flowers.

I hve run at least 15 strains using the 12/12 from seed, Indica strains seem to fair better, Sativas never seem to get that great, regardless, neither seem to be as potent as when you run a decent veg stage and allow the plant to reach some form of structured growth.

If space is an issue, get some good cuts and run a small SCROG, your yield and quality will be better this way. I have produced over 200 gms of well manicured flowers in a 2X4 area using SCROG.

Also, if a plant does begin to outgrow lights or the room, just trim it back, I do this w/ some of the Thai strains b/c there is no method I have found which controls their height.

less

6. Personally, I have so little experience that I'm certainly not going to contradict you, lessismore. But this thread here, 12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums, is full of people who would fight you to the death on that argument that 12/12 from seed has a negative impact on the potency of your harvest.

I'm definitely going to try some 12/12 from seed on my next grow, but for now I've only read up on what others have experienced.

7. It is true that potency is primarily determined by strains genetics, however, 12/12 from seed has been done long before that thread ever existed and has shown me over attempting several strains using this, that they are not near as potent as ones I allowed to veg for even a short period. People argue with me all the time, I really do not care b/c I know what produces the best results for me and my breeding experiences and strains I have worked on for yrs show I know what I'm doing. I have seen purchased seeds from well known seed banks and breeders not do near as well as the crosses I have created, and are not near as potent. All these new techniques, feminised seeds, and wanting quick returns for little work only hinder the knowledge and wisdom of becomming a great grower.

less