First Grow - a few issues

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by The_Green_Goblin, Oct 6, 2014.

1. #1 The_Green_Goblin, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
    Ladies and Gents,

I'm cultivating my first grow and have encountered a few issues which I am unsure about.  I will fill you in on the happenings of my first grow in the hope some experienced growers may be able to tell me what I can do to help my lovely ladies..

1. Germed in wet paper towel
    2. Mistakenly put into 'hot' soil, alhough did quite well until some nute burn appeared.
    3. Changed into canna terra pro at day 17 for the bigger pots...

Using Dutch Master nutes

Day 24 today from seed.  Some, I believe, have been quite stunted by the nutrients in the original soil.  They seem to be doing a lot better with Canna Terra.

Strains are : Sour Diesel Auto, White Ruski, Bluberry Auto, Auto Berry, NYC Diesel... pretty sure that's about it.

The first plant (NYC 1), an NYC Diesel, has struggled from the word go.  Number 2 is flourishing, but this one has suffered a little bit with the old soil and has a shitty stem.  Had to help prop it up.  Now, I'm no expert but I am guessing that it has copped some pretty hard nute burn, and then maybe had iron deficiency or lockout...

NYC2 is a beast, but also starting to get some deficiency of some sort. I also believe this could be iron..

BB1 is at a more advanced stage of whatever is harming the NYC, but it's still growing, albeit a little slower..

I have supplemented with dolomite lime, i have the A+B veg and A+B flower from Dutch Master, along with the DM liquit light and saturator.  I change between a lighter nute solution and spring water every second/third day).

I also plan on re-potting the big NYC in the next few days and moving the grow into the larger tent.

Any hints, tips..  Keen to hear some opinions of what I am doing, what I could do better and how to help these lovely ladies...

Attached Files:

• NYC1.jpg
      NYC1.jpg
      File size:
      204.9 KB
      Views:
    • NYC2.jpg
      NYC2.jpg
      File size:
      134.2 KB
      Views:
    • BB1.jpg
      BB1.jpg
      File size:
      214.5 KB
      Views:
    • MG1.jpg
      MG1.jpg
      File size:
      255 KB
      Views:
  2. I have supplemented with dolomite lime, i have the A+B veg and A+B flower from Dutch Master, along with the DM liquit light and saturator.  I change between a lighter nute solution and spring water every second/third day).

DO NOT EVER ADD LIME MIDGROW... that is the source of your problems no doubt. It is not a nutrient it is a pH reducer and you probably shocked your soil biology. Please only use lime when mixing up soil prior to planting. There are better things to use like oyster shell flour that won't impact pH as much.

3. The dolomite is a liquid.. I'm guessing that doesn't make any difference?  I will go flush the ladies if that's the case.. they are due for a water, anyway.  I also have carbonated spring water (heard that was not a bad idea sometimes). I had heard that the liquid dolomite lime is good for a soil-less mix due to no cal/mag/iron in the mix...