First grow, a couple questions.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mr.hookah, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Hey everyone.
    I decided im going to start growing some plants for the first time, and i got the perfect spot. But a have several questions:

-The seeds im getting are from a friend. He says he has dark seeds and light seeds. Im guessing i want the dark ones? And also, what can i do to test the quality of the seed before i grow it?

-Is it possible to just place the seed in healthy soil, in a spot where it gets good sunlight, and just let nature do its thing while still getting good bud? I would obviously water it when needed but as far as feeding it and stuff...

-How can i tell if the soil is healthy or not just by looking?

And thanks to anyone who helps me out!

Edit: I forgot to ask, is it possible for me to start growing now in the winter outdoors? Or is it a bad idea. I really want to start but i also want to try to get the best bud possible. Thanks.

2. Ok.. your best bet for soil quality is to mix your own or buy a pre-mixed bag. To know what to buy or what to premix, use the search button. There's lots of bags you could buy and different mixes you could do, its all personal preference.

As for growing outdoors, yes its possible. It depends on the strain and where you live. If its below 60 during winter I wouldn't waste my time. I'd wait for the temps to be about 60 at night before growing outside, after the final frost. Usually there isn't sufficient lighting for outdoor cultivation during winter, but that all depends on your geographic location.

3. Thanks that helped me out a lot. Im searching up the soil now...

where i live now there is lots of sun, but its been a bit cold lately, possibly in the 40s at night so im going to hold off a bit..

4. Yep, looks you have some waiting to do until you can plant anything outside.

Look up some grow guides. Look at the stickies under Outdoor Growing so you can get an alright idea of what you're getting yourself into.