***First grow: a closet setup

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by revolverfunk, May 23, 2011.

1. it's been 1 week and 2 days since germination.
    i have been placing the seedlings on top of window pane for light source since my lighting setup hasnt been accomplished yet. (soon enough i hope)
    the seedlings are potted in pro-mix all purpose potting soil
    thinking of using 20% perlite and 20-30% black earth when transplanting (in substitute for worm compost since it is not easy to find in the city)
    and oh, strain is a nirvana snow white, hope they come up as females. :rolleyes:

also, can anyone tell me if a nute mix comes in 10-10-10 ratio would be an ideal plant food from start vegging to finish flowering?
    i'll keep you posted

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg
    much appreciated!

2. You need to get those lights ASAP. Notice the stretching of the stems? Lack of light.
    Looking OK otherwise.
    Using a 10-10-10 fert for the whole grow won't do the job. It's not quite that straightforward. The plants would grow and flower, but nowhere near as well as they'd do in nutes specifically designed for the two main stages of a grow, at the minimum.
    Then there's the additives for stronger rooting and a booster for flowering, to get the most out of your plants.
    Absolute minimum, use a higher N fert for veg and higher potassium and phosphorus when flowering.
    A bit of a read around the site will give you a better idea.

3. forgot to mention i was planning on going 12/12 cycle right off the bat mainly cuz of the elec cost. also, can you tell me the name of the brand on product i should be using?
    thanks

4. 12/12 straight off is no good. That'll just make them flower as soon as they can.
    You need to start with longer light, 18/6, 20/4 or 24/0, even 16/8 if you have to, then switch to 12/12 when you want the plants to flower.

There are a million brands of fert - I'm in Australia and have different nutes available than those that you can get.

It's more than obvious that you posted without bothering to search and do some reading.
    Do that.

5. If you have a local Wal-Mart....you can go to the Automotive section and buy a 10" shop light. This is a round silver reflector with a clamp (but take the clamp off and hang it better).

You can buy a pack of 100watt CFL bulbs for $6 or less and there you are good to go for right around $15-$17.

You can leave these lights on either 18/6 or 24/0. Your electric bill shouldn't raise more than $5 on 18/6 or slightly higher for 24/0

Thanks
    Spydaman