First grow _ stealth micro grow box

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by airhead888, Feb 15, 2011.

1. yo air, imo you have adjusted ph to quickly..if my ph gets too high or low, say if its 5, and i want to get it to 6. i'll water with ph 6 water which will bring it up to 5.5. the object is to stay below.5 on the ph adjustment....your plant is locked up. but your on the right track with res change with right ph,5.2-5.8 for hydro is optimal..if it rises to six you'll be allright, but you might see some lower leaf yellowing.

dont panic dude she'll come around...keep positive vibes around plant it helps...as long as your seeing new growth shes alive...how many airstones u got in res? how many ever add 1, it wont hurt. i dont think 320ppms is that high for the stage your plant is in..but i could be wrong. anyway good luck bro.

2. March 15 Update:

So after over a week of not really going well at all she is now saved and starting back up. I feel as though I've stunted her growth though and seems to grow slower now :/ It looks like a little tree after I trimmed off the dying leaves under the new growth

[​IMG]

I've never heard about this formula thanks.
    I have a dropper that I use to add the nutes and in the last 3/4 gallon in there I only put a drop of veg nute and it looks like its doing the job

3. hey man thanks for the help
    I'm keeping the pH around 5.8 to the best of my ability right now and i think its working, just checking up on that with the meter everyday. And as of now I've only got one airstone going on the plant and its right under the roots, so i should add another? The pump's meant for a 20 gallon.

With this new water thats been working the ppm's at like 220 which is much lower than before and doesn't match up with ppm charts i've seen out there but hey its working.

4. let me know whats goin on with this

5. Sorry guys I've been really busy with work these past few weeks and haven't been able to update. But late last month my plant finally started to shivel at the bottom and have its leaves die and i thought i had the ph right. But turns out the water was at around 5.9 and still not low enough and I thought that the was around the right ph for my setup so I kept to it like that and didn't know what the problem was.

But progress was made since then and the plant is beginning to grow back again, but I'm afraid i've already stunted its growth.

I'll update with pictures very soon for you to see

6. Since its not a auto I wouldnt worry about stunting its growth so much just keep vegging it and 5.9 ph should be fine mine is always around 5.5 to 6.5 and no problems

7. Yeah that's what I was told but for some reason the 5.9 pH seemed like it was affecting the plant more than it supposed to. It was on the verge of life and death! After I changed the water with the same amount of nutes and the ppm was the same as well, the only thing that changed was the .3 difference in pH, and my plant is fine now...

how weird:confused:

8. At about 2 1/2 weeks mine looked like it had nute burn but it was from lack of nutes hit them with 1/2 strength nutes and they took off after that

9. So I think I'm going to redo this grow because my plant has obviously stunted and I have to move out soon :(

But now I know the timetable for things and water levels etc.

So I'll start another grow in about a month and I'll post another grow forum up here.
    Thanks to all who helped with my first grow ever and I will see you guys in a little