First grow _ stealth micro grow box

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by airhead888, Feb 15, 2011.

1. #81 airhead888, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2011
    March 4 Update: Day 14

So I finally got a larger reservoir and raised my light panel so that the other exhaust is more useful not and more air's getting to it. Cleaned up my box a bit as well to make things look more appealing. Temp's not really right on that thermostat, I'd say its about 10 degrees over for some reason lol.

So here's how my setup's looking now

[​IMG]

and here's how she's looking now

[​IMG]

I've got the pH at around 6 now and the ppm at 200 with a really small amount of nutes. I'm talking 1 drop in a 3/4 gallon reservoir.

One of my AC adapter's just blew out for some reason so I ordered another one and for now the top vent and the circulation fan isn't working :( but I'm hoping to get it in by saturday.

Such a bad situation for my poor plant, so I'm keeping some of the lights off and opening it from time to time to get it cool as possible till I get my damn adapterr

2. #82 adaptable, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2011
    Thanks I'm just full of it ;)

Judging by the pictures, most of those leaves are still plenty healthy. It looks a little droopy but that could be from any number of reasons. Just keep the pH in line and it'll perk up in no time :D

The color is great and the new growth is gorgeous. Also, if temps are a problem, 1-2 lights should be plenty for a plant that size.

3. For ac adapters I take my old cell phone chargers and cut the end off and take the two wires and wire them to my fan for free! :D

4. Yeah I'm really paying attention to the pH now, starting the grow I never expected it to play THAT much of a crucial role. But now I know. As of now I'm only using the surrounding 4 lights till I get my adapter in, should be coming tomorrow

Thanks again for the help sir

Yeah I've tried that before but the thing is a lot of my cell phone chargers aren't 12v dc output, and the ones i can find are low in amps, like 400mA. So I'm ordering a 2 amp one that should be able to power more than enough, especially cause my last cheap one blew out and it said it could handle 1A but didnt :mad:. but I'm only attaching two .15 amp fans and one .3 fan so the 2A one should handle very well unless its a cheap crappy one that cant handle like it says it can like my last one...

sorry still bitter about the one that died lol

but thanks for the input

5. March 5 Update: Day 15

So I pimped up my growbox with some mylar and I got my adapter in so all fans are running again and I added an extra just to put in another little air circulator for the lights.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Things are looking a little bit better in general now

6. O and another question
    When should I start topping or fimming my plant cause I've read from some other people that you should start especially early in a micro grow to fill up the scrog screen or lst out wider?
    Thanks

7. I don't have any experience with fimming/topping, but I think it's about ready if you want to go that route. Maybe give it another day or two to perk up?

It's definitely ready for LST though. Just bend the top of the main stalk down and nudge it around in a circle. Perhaps do a search to get an idea of what's involved.

There's a lot of room for that one plant though. With proper training you can veg it at least another month and still not run out of room.

8. Yeah I'm waiting to let it grow a little taller till i start either cause if i just LST now it just bends the whole top bush into the reservoir lol, and its still a pretty loose in the rockwool so I'm afried to bend it too much. Does getting larger wattage lights help make it grow any better?

And are there any other reasons why my leaves are still hanging downwards? I already fixed my pH problem and there's minimal nutes in the water right now.

9. All else equal, more light will get you a bigger yield.

If I had to guess, the droopiness is overwatering. Not sure how (or if) you do it with hydro, but perhaps try watering it a little less?

Even if it is a little droopy, it's still a very healthy looking plant. Patience, my friend :)

10. Hey guys so I just changed my reservoir a day ago and I come back to find that my leaves are curling in and the leaves closer to the base are thinner and lighter in color. But all the leaves seem thinner and less healthy than ever....

My pH is currently at 6 and my ppm is at 350.

I've always been confused with ppm because some ppl say that in the mid veg stage your ppm should be 400-600 but wouldn't that give nute burn? or should I raise my ppm?

I'll upload some pictures when I get the chance later tonight.

11. When you go and check your ph does it usually have a tendency to rise or fall in between checks?

I read somewhere that if your ph is rising that means that your plant(s) want more nutes since they have used it all up so you increase your ppm. And if your ph is falling then that means that your plants are not using all the nutes in the water so you can drop your ppm.

Don't qoute me on that tho. I might have it backwards and it might be wrong all together. I will try and find the page that i read it on and post it on here for you.

12. March 9 Update:

[​IMG]

See the ultra curl going on on my little plant :confused:

[​IMG]

Yeah here she is now and she's not doing too well

But Spacemunkies my pH did go up .8 so does that mean I should add more nutes.
    Are nutes acidic or base? I should look at that right now.

I don't know what's going on other than that.
    I installed four 100w bulbs and the temps went up so I turned off my smaller bulbs and that's about all that I changed right now.

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATEDD
    thanks

13. #93 mf1arch, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2011
    IMO you should not adjust your PH with your nutes. The leaves are curling down and it kinda looks like nute lock. In another GC thread, there is a chart someone posted that shows what nutrients are being blocked out at what PH levels. 5.8 is the optimal PH. Im not sure what kind of water you are using, but if it is tap water they will fluctuate quite a bit. Even if you are using R/O water in a reservoir as small as yours, it will go up pretty fast. You need to get used to checking your PH multiple timees a day. Pretty soon it will become predictable and you will know how often youre going to need to adjust your PH. What kind of nutes are you using? Go check out my thread I have going on my seedling. I am doing DWC also. My girl is kickin some a@# now. There might be something there that can help you.

14. Damn I don't know what to do right now, the lower leaves are all yellow now and I can tell are going to fall off. My pH is at 6.8 and my ppm is at 350...

The top growth is pretty green but the edges are yellowing.

WHAT DO I DO???

15. Lower your PH. And your nutrient solution seems to be too strong. Mine is only at 290, and that came by starting out at 140. I think you really need to get a handle on that. Don't sweat the leaves that are dying so long as you continue to get new growth. Aim for a PH of 5.8. If you get 5.4 don't worry cause it will rise. I'm no expert, but I'm learning. Let me know what you do. I'd like to know the results. 

MF 

16. Thanks for the reply man

I've changed out my reservoir yet again putting in water with a pH of 5.6 and very little nutes.
    The water started with a ppm of 128 and now its at 168 so very little nutes.
    I'll update you on what happens in the next day or two. Probably won't see changes till 2 days though.

17. Oh ok youre using tap water. I struggled ith tap water myself. Especially in a reservoir that small. The PH will fluctuate quickly. The bigger the res, and the better the water, the less you will have to be adjusting. I found a spot down the street that sells R/O water for 15 cents a gallon. I love it! My PPM is 0.00 before I add nutrients. What strain are you growing?

18. You still working with that little plant? Im curious how she is doing? What kind of nutrients are you using?

19. Yeah I'm still workin with her.
    It's going slow right now because she's recovering from over nutes and just water problems.
    I'm using General Hydro nutes right now and its getting better. New growth is definitely healthy and I cut off all the leaves that were just too late to save so it's like it's back to its 3rd leafset.

I'll post up pictures later today

20. How much nutes are you adding? Have you thought about using the lucas formula since your using gh nutes? Super easy to follow

The Real Lucas Formula