First grow _ stealth micro grow box

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by airhead888, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Yeah thanks for the concern. After taking the picture I lowered the water level and sucked some out cause I noticed it was way too high, but before it was way too low so I over-compensated. My bad guys!! haha

I'm ordering my ph meter and ppm meter now and will hopefully come in soon

Thanks for letting me know from personal experience. Yeah I've got an airstone pumping oxy into the water under the net, and I lowered my water level! Thanks for the advice

Thanks a lot. this being my first grow any encouraging feedback is greatly appreciated

2. Grow is definitly looking great man. Plant looks happy n healthy.

3. very nice setup you have going on there man, ill be following your grow for sure! hopefully i can resume on my grow soon.

4. #64 airhead888, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2011
    Feb 23 Update: Day 4

[​IMG]

and here she is. stem should straighten out by itself right?

thanks man. you hit the pause button on your grow? lol

5. try to put it more directly under the light if possible or it will stay growing to the side , i rotate mine during the day to help it stay straight like your suposed to with regular window plants

if its still pointing to the side once the stem starts to thicken up it will stay like that

6. Thanks for the info, I'll turn it a couple times a day now!

7. yeah ran into some stealth issues and had to stop before i even start lol

8. #68 airhead888, Feb 26, 2011
    Feb 25 Update: Day 6

[​IMG]

Yeah so checked up on it today and its not looking so nice anymore. I put two drops of nutes in the water yesterday from a dropper but I guess that was too much... :bolt:

So I'm getting ready to change the water out right now again. My bad guys got too anxious
    But is that the only thing causing the brown spots and yellowing? Just wondering
    I hope no one else makes that mistake now its not pretty anymore

9. #69 airhead888, Feb 28, 2011
    Feb 27 Update: Day 8

[​IMG]

So after changing my water out and only putting one drop of nutes in the half gallon reservoir it still looks too strong. So i guess I'll have to dilute the drop in a full gallon somewhere before changing out the reservoir later. But it looks like it improved a little?

Any feedback and opinion on my next step is appreciated!

10. It looks really really good!! It does look to be the beginning of nute burn, but the plant is still looking super healthy. Perhaps add just water to the reservoir as the plant drinks it? What's your pH and ppm? pH should be around 5.5, and ppm should be a little less than it is right now ;)

11. #71 airhead888, Mar 2, 2011

Thanks for the reply. So over the past two days I added unnuted water into the reservoir as the water level got lower but it doesnt look like its been helping much? Maybe?
    I've gotten a ppm meter and the water before is about 145 and the water in the reservoir is running at about 240 so I'm guessing there's still a good amount of nutes in there? and I'm still waiting for my pH meter :/ That could be the problem. I'm getting my water from a built in filter for the drinking water spout so it shouldn't be too bad right?

anywayss

Update March 1: Day 10

[​IMG]

super symmetrical

12. I have no idea on the spout filter. I think they just filter out the major things in city water. Not really sure what they actually filter out tho.

I just started a mini dwc bucket in my grow to try and see if hydro farther than coco is for me.

Is your plant still putting out healthy top growth?

13. Yeah that's why I'm really waiting on my ph tester right now cause it seems kinda sketchy but honestly when i drink from it, it tastes pretty clean.

whats coco?

and yes the plant is still putting out healthy top grow. All the new leafings coming up look pretty healthy

14. ive always read and heard and been told ect that giving a plant nutes thats under a month old is bad. but read up on it.

15. That's it I'm changing out the reservoir first thing tomorrow.
    This should solve all my problems, I was being too impatient with the nutes :eek:

16. Im going to lean towards it being the PH rather then the nutes. My purple power had just started unfolding its first 3 finger leaves when i gave its first shot of 1/4 strength nutes. I don't think that your plant is burnt or anything like that. I believe that your ph is way to far out of range. You can go to walmart in the fish section or to any pool supply store and get you a cheap dropper tester till you can get a good one. While i would not stake my life on their results they will give you a ballpark figure. I was using the dropper test kit before i got my other meter but the drop kit was only about .5 off.

Hope that you are able to figure out what it is that is bothering your plant. And hope it recovers.

17. Lookin good air....yeah it looks like your ph is off. And nute lock is settin in. But once you get your ph meter u should b good.

Yeah if ph is off just alil bit it'll lock out some of the nutrients the plant needs. The more ur ph gets out of whack the more nutes get locked out. As long as your new growth looks good you should be allright until ur tester gets there. In hydro ph needs to be between 5.2-5.8. Good luck!!!

18. Yeah thanks a lot guys. I read spacemunkies post this morning and the first thing I did was head to the nearest petco and pick up a pH drop test just cause I wanted to fix things asap...
    And it turns out my pH was too high. It was running at around a 8 ish so I also got pH Down and now its at 6.4. But now I see that bgsix says that it needs to be even lower so I'll get to that in a little.

Maybe just let the plant get used to the drop in pH first? or is there no need?
    And for the tips of leaves that are brown I heard that they'll never get green again so I should just snip them off? I dont know

And I just got this pH down for aquariums and I heard that many of the pH downs out there really change it radically with a drop or two. But with this each drops changes my half gallon of water by .2 to .4 which is pretty nice cause its easier to not mess up and get it to your preferred pH. Just letting you all knoww

Again thanks for the feedback and help guys! :D

19. In soil, you should usually let the plant get used to the pH change first before you add nutes again, the reason being that the nutes simply build up in the soil. In hydro you can adjust your reservoir to determine the precise level of nutes. Waiting a couple of days before feeding certainly can't hurt though.

And as for the dead leaf tips, I wouldn't go crazy snipping them. If they crumble to the touch, you can get rid of that debris; otherwise, I'd leave it alone.

20. Thanks for the useful info adaptable