First grow _ stealth micro grow box

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by airhead888, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Im just starting a grow my self with auto ak47 in a little taller stealth cabinet but almost the same set up using a bigger reservoir and two plants under cfl's. Will keep a eye on your grow. My seed are germinating now so hopefully I will get my Journal going soon.

2. Alright man goodluck with yours and tag along!

3. Feb 19

[​IMG]

So I rotated two of the outer lightbulbs into the plant too so there's six bulbs on it now with the fan raised to get rid of the heat trap it creates.
    And I raised the reservoir even more so the plants a lot closer to the lights now.

[​IMG]

And the plant is looking plenty healthy now and its going to stay that way!

[​IMG]

Questions I have: what timing for the light should i do? right now its on 20-4, but I was thinking 18-6. What's the difference please?
    And when should I start LST if I do?

Thanks for your support!

4. having them on 20/4 or 24/0 or 18/6 really doesnt matter. either of them will make the plant grow. Some people say that a dark cycle is needed during the plants life and that is why they do 18/6. I personally have all my plants in veg on 24/0.

5. 24/0, 20/4 and 18/6 are really personal choices. I believe there's speculation that 18/6 and 20/4 encourage root growth during the dark period, and that 24/0 promotes photosynthesis but I think that's all anecdotal. Like munkies said, any of these will grow a healthy plant.

You should definitely consider LST. It's going to be necessary in a box that size. Opinions differ on when you should start but anywhere between the third and fifth leaf sets would be fine. The plant needs to be sturdy enough to not fall over when LST'ed yet skinny enough that the stem won't crease or snap when you guide it. Fortunately, LST is one of those things that's actually quite hard to screw up as long as you don't put any kinks in the stem (and even then it's not the end of the world).

6. i would veg for at least two weeks. just remember the plant can double its size in the flowering stage from the size it was in during the vegging stage. When I grew in grow boxes i vegged for 2 weeks unless the plant was looking skimp then i vegged for 3.

7. Feb 19 Update:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lookin good thanks to you guys

8. nice dude. gooood isnt looking after your plants addicting. they say pot isnt addicting but growing it is like crack.

9. Nice setup, man. Looking good. I'm at about the same stage as you. Your seedling is def looking better than any of the ones I have.

Have you decided on a ph or TDS meter yet? I can't decide which one I want to get. So many different options.

10. Lol i 2nd that. I keep telling myself that i wont check on them but one time after lights are on and one before lights go out. And i find myself in there 30+ times a day lol.

11. my dark period is from 9am to 9pm so i'm stuck sitting here all day waiting for the lights to come on so i can play with them :(

12. Lol my dark period is 9pm to 9am. It was 12am to 12pm, and i had to change it cuz i would sit here and drive my self nuts waiting to noon cuz the hours would go by so slow.

13. Feb 20 Update:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2nd set is about to pop!

14. LOL you guys are crazy! but i'm getting there myself... haha its pretty addicting its like having a pet you dont have to worry about that much

15. Thanks man appreciate it. You growing yours in a micro/ hydro setup too?
    I haven't decided yet... I'm still deciding cause there are so many options.

Anyone here have an idea of which one we should invest in? Thanks

16. I've got a pc case. Using FFOF after seedlings grow a bit more.

I'm not sure if I want to spend $7 for strip test kit or $100-220 for a good meter.

17. Feb 22 Update:

[​IMG]

So it's growing still and I added more water today.
    Temps in the case stay at around 78 during the day and at a low of 69 during the night.
    I notice yellowing from the center of the plant and I'm guessing that's normal? is it?

I'm probably going to get a cheap probe ph tester lol

18. How far down has that plant put its roots? I have never really done hydro setups before but from a novice point of view it looks like you might have to much water in that container. Don't think i have ever seen anyone with water up to the very top. I think you only want about an inch of water into the basket its self. Im not completely sure on that so dont hold it against me if i am wrong. But you might be over watering the plant even tho its in a hydro setup.

But again im not sure of the specifics of how a hydro system should be setup.

But a ph meter will really be needed. I hear that its the main thing you need to keep in line during hydro that and the ppm.

plant is coming along nicely tho. Always hate the seedling stage takes so long to hit that first grow spurt lol. And you always want to just blast them with nutes right out of the gate so you can get past that slow week to two weeks.

19. that seedling is looking great! good job on your set-up.

20. #60 mf1arch, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2011
    IMHO, that Rocwool looks way too wet. You really only want the water "skimming" the bottom of your net pot until you begin to get roots dangling out of the bottmo. Then you can lower the water level again. The roots need oxygen. Do you have an airstone in the reservoir? The Hydoton will soakk water fom the reservoir and water the roots. I had a similar problem with my first seedling. The second one though is growing much better now that I have learned how easy it is to overwater. Trust that the Hydroton will do its job. Not a pro, but looks similar to what I went through. Looks pretty good otherwise.