First Grow - 600w mh/hps - soil - photoperiod

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by wEEDhEAD1, May 19, 2017.

1. Water it just like shown in above pictures but let it go dry so roots will expand into soil then water a ring around it

2. Nah, you're right fucktard. I mean it makes perfect sense for the roots to only get water in the middle and bone dry soil everywhere else. By all means encourage them to stay just in the middle of the pot. I cant believe you would even argue this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. So drown the little plant seems like a great idea

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Its the start of its life its roots need to dig deep...

• Like Like x 1
  5. What in the world are you talking about??? How does watering a plant drown it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. You make it not grow to find water if its saturated so in root development you want the plant to say fuck im thirsty and reach out if the soil is unsaturated it will reach out when it runs out of water in the immediate soil its in thats why i recommend watering a ring around it so it reaches for the ring. If its all wet roots wont have to go far. You dont want a root ball with a bunch of useless un tapped soil around it. When it completely entangles the soil that would be time to transplant or feed lots of nutes like flowering hopefully your container satisfys the giant plant long enough to flower without deficiencys.

7. #27 wEEDhEAD1, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
    21 days from seed today, Just watered! 1 and a half litres today, just water which I ph down.im watering every 3 days. Next watering I'll up it to 2 1/2 litres each.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Had a little issue yesterday, it seemes I had the light too close;

image.jpeg

I had been just dropping it a little each day not thinking about getting to close :s.
    I've raised it up to 35", I'll leave it like this for a few days then see from there. Gwe.com recommends between 14" and 25". Forum members differ. I think I'll drop to 25" in a few days and go from there..

8. image.jpeg

I think there all looking good. In a few days they should be ready to top, the 6th nodes just coming through. Im going to follow gwe.com's lbh famous scrog tutorial!

I think I have good light and air circulation. Some of the lower nodes seem to be growing up already :D

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

9. I didn't like it, It felt wrong but I topped them..

I still can't believe how grown the lower nodes are already.
    Also the back left ones been a bit droopy, the lower leaves are touching the soil. It is been the fastest grower and colour still looks healthy. I hope this don't cause a problem?

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attached Files:

10. Nah they look perfect they have good structure too idea l for supercroppin

• Like Like x 1
  11. When the plant gets taller fill your pot periodically with a fresh cup of the same soil

12. ha funny you say that, I've been reading more and more on super cropping lately.

Also do you think I should trim the sides of my smart pots down? I could of filled them each like an extra 20%. I didn't think the leaves might touch the sides :/

13. Ha! Ok so maybe not trim them down, but fill them up over time?

14. As they grow the bottom will come up chop leaves that touch the soil and discolor i lolipop my plants but your not at that stage yet supercroppin is way to go in my opinion if your gonna run a good few plants scrogs more of i wanna train one plant to fill a canopy. Yeild is determined by number of good colas and light.

15. Today I gave the whole pot a watering. 2 & 1/2 litres each still useing just water.
    I was going to follow lbh's famous scrog technique but he starts off with his 4 way lst, I already have more than 4 nodes a plant so we'll see what happens...

I'm very happy with there progress so far. I'll start lst at some point in the week and hopefully the roots fill up the pot and the foliage "explosion" happens!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

16. Lookin great

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. #37 wEEDhEAD1, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    This whole lst thing ain't as easy as it looks lol. So I started today, and with a combination of pegs and plant ties I started to lst.
    All the leaves are touching the soil but this is ok yes? I watered yesterday so won't be watering for another 2/3 days.. Here's the first two, they have 8 nodes each. And the new fan leaves on the lower nodes have started to stagger..

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

I unpegged 1 as I broke slightly so I bandaged it up. It split just where the new node forms :(

image.jpeg

18. I'm not as happy with how the third one looks. The branches where much shorter so I used a different style lest on this one. with just one plant tie as a lasso I hocked it over and pulled it down.
    I've angled it so its facing away from the light?

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Also a few casualties

image.jpeg

19. The last one took abit of a mix, pegs and ties. And another tiny split

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

Fingers crossed they all bounce back healthy!

20. Couple days after topping and there bouncing back nicely. Today I removed some of the original larger fan leaves as they blocking light to some of the lowest nodes. All the little fan leaves seem to be growing out now anyways.
    I also tucked fan leaves where I could to expose the nodes to as much light and air as possible.
    I repositioned the fans so there more powerfully blowing on the plants. I actually dropped the fan on one of my plants like a doofus, but luckily it only split one branch which I taped up.
    Also flattened the top main nodes down again so they carry on growing horizontally for now and hopefully the new nodes down the branch come up..

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg