First grow 600 watt hid, dwc, 3x3x8,

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by theg0v3rn0r, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Okay, so I am gonna try my hand at growing. I have a 600 watt hid, I am using a 14 gallon tub(covered in mylar and reflective tape), I have two air pumps hooked to four stones. I have a 440 cfm exhaust and carbon filter. I am using passive intake and am rigging the hood fan. The closet is 3x3x9 (painted white and covered in mylar). I have a ph tester, ph up and down, a ppm tester, and gen hydr. Micro flora bloom. I ordered feminized bds special seeds. My netpots are 3 in. Rockwool cubes 1.5 in. And hydroton. My airlines are clear but I will cover them in electrical tape. Once sprouted I am gonna put a piece of mylar over the netpot with a slit for the sprout to go through to prevent light. No nutes for 1-2 weeks I will then start off at 1/8 the recommended nutes (roughly 100 ppm above ph'd h20) then increase roughly 200 ppm/wk until I am at 100% the recommended nutes( more if the plants are still hungry). After 5 nodes I will top them. Day before I switch to 12/12 I will take clones. A week into flowering I will start lst and create "knuckles" where needed to maximize light penetration. Two weeks into flowering I will set up a scrog and lollipop them. Then when nodes and tricomes pop up I will fim. When week 4 I will start my ph'd flush. Then when roughly 1/3 of the tricomes are amber I will harvest. I am going to foliage feed for the last two weeks of veg and the first three weeks of flower as well (with a hugely diluted soup, like 1/36). I am gonna ph balance, check temp, and add water once a day and then do a res flush and make the new soup once a week. Does this sound about right? Again its my first grow so advice is appreciated. Does anyone else have a setup like this? I also have a veg box design that I have some questions about.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Oh I'm gonna start four plants but only keep the three strongest past week four. Or two if there big.

3. I built the closet now. I'll post pics when I figure out how. The light and exhaust come tomorrow. I ordered from buydutchseeds does anyone know if they're legit?

4. Just got my nutes, hydroton and an email from bds that my seeds have been shipped:) a couple weeks and a will be raising some beautiful young ladies.

5. Okay. It has been a few weeks. I germinated ran clean water for two weeks. One plant got spots on its leaves so I cut those leaves off.( the first single set of leaves.) Now they're doing great.

6. I just started adding nutes three days ago.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 1398080479037.jpg

8. Bds special.

9. 1398080592600.jpg

10. And the roots.

11. 1398080757234.jpg

12. I keep my ph between 5.5 and 6.5. My room temps between 70 and 85. Water temps between 60 and 70. Rh is between 20 and 30%. I use gh flora series gmb. 15-10-5. Currently at 1/4 strength. Ppm is currently 470. 10 gallon spring water and three tap (for some added cal mag). They will be transfered to five gallon buckets in four days.

13. #13 The Letter 3, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
    Hey there just found your digs.

Most of what you've got in here looks great.

How long are you planning on flowering for? What I read sounded like you want to stop feeding and start flushing 4 weeks into flower? You could potentially need much more time then that.

Also it might just be me but it sounds lime you
    are planning on stressing the hell out of your plant in flower.

You should probably top and fim etc while its in veg mode but that's just me.

Journal:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1290525-400w-MH/HPS-mixed

Subbed

14. #14 snoopdog6502, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
    If the soup is good and the roots white dont change the res. Just make gallons of soup 5.8 PH and full strength as the directions and just add to the res. If PPM creeps to high Just add water.

No need to change soup unless there is a problem.

15. I think I'm gonna veg for another 3 or 4 weeks (6-7 total). One of my three already got the growth on the main stem so its mature enough, but the other two need to catch up. When they do I'm gonna top and then when they grow two more nodes I'm gonna fim. Still in veg. I was wrong about fimming in flower.I flush every two weeks to discard the waste from the plants. I also have a flower garden and I feed them the old soup. They seem to like it so far. I'm gonna start my final flush for harvest when I have about 60 or 65% amber tricomes.

16. some new pics of the girls. There's a lot of new growth inbetween the nodes on the main stem and my ppm went down by 50 today. 1398131384024.jpg

17. So today the girls ate 100 ppm :) ph is mostly steady. It drifts from 5 to 6.5 over two days, which I believe is a good thing because nutes get taken it at different ph levels. Oh, and an odd thing happened. On one of my girls the first set of leaves got spots so I trimmed them. Two days later the new growth is growing a double shoot like it was topped. I think it may just be making itself symmetrical but I'm pretty happy about it because it saves me from having to top that one. I'll post a pic of the new growth as well.

18. 1398201009780.jpg

19. One of my girls has a spot. I'm thinking its the beginning of powdery mildew ): I'm gonna get sm90 and use it as foliar spray but I am gonna use voodoo juice in the res. Sm90 will kill voodoo juice, but, would it be okay as voodoo juice is in the res and sm90 will just be foliar?

20. 1398249234179.jpg