First Grow - 56K WARNING

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by niken, May 15, 2013.

1. \nthe seeds i'm using are from a mate who used to do them by the hundreds, so i am unsure as to if they are feminised or what yet, but germination went well i originally had 3 seeds
    \n1 being from my mate out of a hydro bag, was very green and didnt hold up too well when being pinched
    the other 2 as i said i got given by my mate, they were both dark brown and held up well to a good pinch
    \nso anyway i put them all in a glass of water, chucked that in the cupboard for 2 days put it out pushed em down, the green one didnt stay down so i let it sit for a bit more.
    \nbrown seeds had spurted so i moved them into a like 10 layer of toilet paper inside of a 2litre ice cream container,kept it very moist
    \nleft this for another day
    \nday 4 the green seed wasnt sprouting so i discarded it.
    the brown seeds however were sprouting quite well, a bit too much i thought it would start growing.
    \nday 5 i finally put them into seperate containers with some light, let them chill for a day
    \nnow day 6
    they finally sprout, but the seeds are both still containing the leaves
    on one plant it is fully enclosedand
     and on the other it is just hanging on
    [​IMG]
    \n[​IMG]
    \n\nday 7 i decided to take off the shells, one came off easy as and the other was a bit of a struggle
    I believe this was because one may be planted deeper than the other.
    i have added in tooth picks to see size evaluation

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

day 8
    basically just letting them chill, have the fan on for most of the night when i wake up i just turn it off

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

day 9
    now i'm starting to wonder what i should move these into, how i should begin this micro grow,
    currently just in plain soil, no nutes afaik has some small little plants as you guys can see, 
    would this harm my plants?

was just getting it to a decent transplant size in these containers then was to put them in a possible DIY like cardboard box or something, current they reside in a cupboard with 2 mirrors and 2 painting reflecting all light to the plants and a large room fan on setting 1, with 2 CFL very low wattage pretty close to the containers 
    and i use a towel to cover this to get as much heat in as possible.

ALL CRITICISM AND FEEDBACK WOULD BE APPRECIATED :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

my plan with this is to make a VERY micro stealth grow, maybe yield about 1/2 an ounce to an ounce from each.

but as i said any info is appreciated!

You really need to get them into small containers or cups that will make transplanting less trouble when the time comes and get some good potting soil for them it don't cost much also you need to plan for how you are going to grow them do you have any plans ?? yet lights,cabinet & such & reading up on the forums would be a good idea so you what to expect from the plants & how to care for them start in beginers forum lots of info for how to start & you can see what works or did not work for others

3. yeah so far, just going to keep them both at to about knee height, going to keep it CFL and no hydro nutes just organic or healthy ones!

and just a small cupboard grow really, going to try get some straight to power board adaptors for some lights and shit as my pay day comes in, but for now its just two lamps that are pretty big and some mirrors,etc

4. got a bit of an update, left them chill for the weekend with constant fan,

one of them looks like it is taking considerablly longer to grow, what do you guys think?

[​IMG]
    THAT IS BOTH ^^^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. looks alright... what light are you using? and when you transport them, make sure you don't keep them sub-level in a container, and plant pots are best because roots exposed to light can be very damaging. Just saying. Also, growth is fine, the closer they are to the light the faster they will grow. I mean like, close to touching. within 2 inches i'd say (for cfl's at least)

6. also add pictures as attachments. easier on the eyes :)

7. Using some CFL's at the moment until they pick up a decent height.

hopefully will have some plant pots soon :) just no garden shops near, so its a mission haha :)

yeah i figured i needed the lights closer, they were before but have some shitty stand ones, grabbing some straight to plug adapters this week.

8. What lumen output/temperature are they?

9. Have transplanted both into new pots,

the one that was not growing as well i don't care too much for but the one in the pot is looking quite nice

if you guys can take a look, i've started 18/6 light stage at the moment, not sure if its too early been sprouting for about 3 weeks now

don't want them to be too big, but also not too small 

replaced 2 bulbs with CFL 4100k's as they didn't sell 6700 or whatever, 
    so it has a 30W and 2 4100k's for light, and i'm also giving it small amounts of nutrients with the water when feeding.

This grow isn't meant to be a "Hydro" grow, more a indoors organic in a sense grow, no harsh chemicals but with all the lights,etc

any feedback is appreciated! :)

Attached Files:

10. Seems as if my baby i placed in the pot is dieing on me, looking very droopy and turning a bit yellow, she was fine until i started giving her a bit of AQUAL SOL + started 18/6 

unsure if it is too early for nutrients and the change of light

where as old love in the bucket is fine, not too big or growing from what i can see but it isn't dropping or discoloured

my mate says it is probably shock, or the PH is off... don't have a kit at the moment so can't test PH

looking to you guys for help! :(

11. That happened to me, for about 4 days one of my plants just stopped growing. It restarted though, and it ended up being my only girl :) if she doesn't grow for 1.5 weeks, then i would drop it.

12. Here are some new pics, as you can see old mate ended up drooping HARDCORE after a night of sleep... not liking it :(

where as old mate in the bucket seems to be goin fine...

Attached Files:

13. Plants double in size after swithed to 12/12

Sent from device_name using Grasscity Forum App

14. yeah, neither of them seem to be enjoying that bucket at all. It's got to be something that was previously used in the bucket, like bleach or soap or anything. Also, try your best to keep the light directly overhead as much as possible, just started my second grow and realizing how much more of a difference it makes to be within 2 inches away, overtop.

15. Starting a few new seedlings! currently 4 seeds have rooted, and 3 still to fully germinate.
    going to do 4 in coco coir pellets at first and the other 3 in soil.

i will be doing the 4 coco's in a suitcase grow, and the other 3 will be outdoors! :)

16. got some updates! doing an experiment and doing one outside from seed, not going to get its 4 nodes first then put it out, just letting that one deal with the weather (winter atm)

and i got the rest inside sprouting really well :) some were done earlier than others as you can see in the stages.

currently in my first week of germination and planting so within a week or two hopefully the cotyls have dropped and i can look at transplanting!

some photo goodies for you!

Attached Files: