First Grow 5 1/2 Weeks In And This...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Deleted member 824854, Nov 3, 2014.

1. #1 Deleted member 824854, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2019
    Sorry

2. You don't need nutes yet especially with that soil. Please do some research, there's a ton of info on soil and other mediums, none of it says use miracle grow for cannabis. Our local farm stores sell fox farm soils real cheap. Everybody's going to have different opinions on which medium is best, but I'm sure most everyone agrees miracle grow is not a good start.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415023219.532029.jpg
    This is my white widow just under 4 weeks of veg, started 2 weeks under 115w of cfls, now under 600w mh. Just topped it. Fox farms ocean forest. Got a 40lb bag for 30$ on amazon shipped to my doorstep. Get a bigger pot, drainage holes, and a more forgiving medium. You CAN grow good bud with cfls if placed properly and with the proper spectrum.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 Deleted member 824854, Nov 3, 2014
    J

5. "Forgiving" medium as in a decent soil that drains well and preferably not miracle grow. My experience mircale grow has burnt my plants. The yellowing in the leaves looks like over watering to me. If your pot doesn't have drainage holes and you keep watering it'll rot your roots and continue to slowly kill your plant

6. & my intake Is a computer fan that I rewired to a plug, with a 6 inch duct that goes to the rear of the tent, and currently my ducting is failing so I just have a desk can pointed to the top of my tent that I leave unzipped slightly

7. I wouldn't even worry about fertilizer right now. I would focus on more lights. Those plants are small for 5+ weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 Deleted member 824854, Nov 3, 2014
    O

9. #9 Deleted member 824854, Nov 3, 2014
    L

10. You mentioned 6500k and 5000k but how many watts of clfs are you using? Could be the soil. Past and present. I've never used Miracle Grow myself I've read good and bad things about it on grass city, mostly bad though.

11. You need ATLEAST 100 actual watts per plant in my opinion. People say 100 for one the 50 every additional. But most of the store bought cfls are max 23w so, I had 5 23w daytime cfls that were 100w equivalent and honestly my growth sucked. So I bit the bullet and bought a Chinese ballast light and hood for 200$ and growth is 100x better aslong as it doesn't break on me

12. Well I can't add anything besides MiracleGro, while it can grow MJ, is not the ideal type of soil due to it being super hot for some plants that are not heavy feeders.

You basically have to mimic nature so you have to provide adequate growing light (100 Watts of light atleast CFL's are fine), water (as clean as possible), and soil (organic soil with good drainage a la perlite/vermiculite, which will have enough nutes for the first 3 weeks atleast).

13. #13 Deleted member 824854, Nov 4, 2014

Attached Files:

14. #14 Deleted member 824854, Nov 4, 2014
    U

15. Yea, that's awesome. You want to get those clfs as close as possible. The more lumens your plants get the faster they will grow. If you can figure out a way to even place a few sockets with a power cord hanging right above them you will see a huge change in a week or two.

16. When using cfls ONLY count actual wattage used. In my first case I had 5 23w cfls. All 100w equivalent. 500w equivalent and the growth still was not up to my likings. Just food for thought.

• Like Like x 1