First grow 4x4x7, 600w led

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by derb, Aug 9, 2016.

1. I just started my first grow. Have a 4x4 grow tent with a 600w led light.
    Right now I'm waiting for my carbon filter and in take fan. They should be here tomorrow after work. I'm using fox farm soil, and have sea weed extract for feeding.

I started by Putting 3 OG kush seeds in distilled water on 8-1-16. Waited 2 days and the tap root came out nice[​IMG]
    I put the two with roots in separate cups with fox farm soil and I put the one that didn't sprout in with one that did sprout on 8-3-16 the only light they got for the first few days was the sun. On 8-4-16 the tap root sprouted above the soil. [​IMG]
    On 8-5-16 I set up my tent and light, that same day the first two round sprout leaves popped out.(plant is outdoor when first 2 round leaves sprouted) I think it started it vegetive state on 8-7-16 because two blades came out.[​IMG]
    Today is 8-8-16 and I got my temp and humidity stat, sea weed extract and ph tester. The water I have been using tested at 6.9PH, and I've just been watering whenever the top soil gets dry and I water till I see some pour off into the drain dish.

So right now i have my tent windows open and plain old fans for air circulation. I am waiting for my fans and than I will close everything off. My temps are 79F with 60%humidity.

When should I start using my seaweed extract?
    Am I missing anything ?
    How's my plant looking ?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. [​IMG] when should I start using this ?
    [​IMG]
    Good temp and humidity ?

• Like Like x 1
  3. So the thing that just pops out at me is the cups. You didn't mention drainage or how log you plant to leave them in there. Without drainage holes the plants will quickly drown.

It's looking like it wants more light, either get a light right up to it or something. It doesn't need to be powerful, just bright and warm (in heat not kelvins, you want something in 5000-6500k range in terms of that). I've had great luck with a 6500k 23 watt CFL, kept around 6 inches away.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I have my healthy seedling with a few blades in a papercup with 5 holes in the bottom for drainage. I have my two unhealthy ones in a clay pot with a single big drainage hole. They're both sitting in a dish to catch the run off.

And holy shit man I had my light at 40 inches and moved it down to 30' that sucker grew more in one night than I have seen it grow in a week.

I'm planning on transplanting in a week once the plant gets to be about 2 inches. I will be going to Walmart or Fred myers and finding a nice pot to put it in.

So now I have some new questions. When should I transplant ? And how big of a container should I choose? I know I pretty much just wants good room for the roots to grow.

5. Amazon just notified me my carbon filter is here, I will set it up tonight and post pic. Also got a timed outlet so I don't have to keep waking up at 2:30am to turn my light back on.

6. Goof thing you caught it in time, otherwise your plant would not only have been slow, it would have would up stretched out (with a lot o distance between the leaf nodes) which makes it really hard to manage in the future, esp if you're trying to keep it over ll short.

You can transplant any time after the plan has sprouted and established itself, so at this point, whenever you want. It will be ok until the roots start binding. Though in the meantime it will need more water (smaller containers=more regular watering) and you may eventually hit a deficit once it goes through all the nutrients in that soil (unless you're adding them in your water).

The pot size you go into is not terribly important. If you're afraid of over watering, you can stage your potting, meaning go from small to a med to a large... generally doubling the size as you go. If you'd rather not re-transplant more than once, you can go into whatever size container you want the plant to flower in, and just make sure you water carefully (small to start, building up as the plant grows... water the plant, not the pot).

The actual size of the pot is more or less determined by the size plant you want, as it is one of the determining factors (along with light). A rough estimate would be 1/3-1/2 the volume of your finished plant (I wanted plants that were under 3 feet tall and 2 wide... I used a 3 gallon pot... it worked out perfectly). The bigger pot will hold more nutrients, act as a bigger buffer for accidents (too much nutrients), and less need for watering. Make sure that it has great drainage, as a bigger pot holds water longer and can often wind up with a waterlogged spot even while the rest feels dry.

Good luck

• Like Like x 2
  7. The booklet i got with my light said to do the 40 inch thing and than lower it. I originally thought like 16 inches but I guess that is for flowers. I'm using fox farm soil so I think I should be good on nutrients for a couple weeks. When should I start use my sea weed extract? I posted a pic above. I'm going to be transplanting two times. Into a one gallon pot and then to a 3 for flowering. Will the new soil I use in the transplant pots have enough nutes ?

8. 1470796140508-1853229618.jpg
    Jus be as gentle as possible in seedling stage. For me. I like doing the first couple weeks under JUS CFL then get em used to the LED direct. In in a tent so I use shade of CFL reflector to keep it out of direct n I always genlty introduce em to LED. Cool shit :) IMG_20160803_243755670.jpg aug 3rd.

Today 1470796140508-1853229618.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Day 10. How does it look?

Attached Files:

10. Day 12. Transplanted into an actual pot. Broke off of the newer blades off :( sad day

Attached Files:

11. How can I raise humidity in my tent ? I added a bowl of water to each corner. Not sure if that will help. Been between 40-50 for two weeks. I went tO Walmart and fredmyers for humidity trays but had no luck.

12. bump
    Could use some help, humidity has been in the 30s for a week and I've been using Gatorade bottle with slits in the top for make shift humidity domes.

13. Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

14. What

15. Got a humidity dome from my gma. saved the day, gc is dead

16. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Day 16-19 that growth makes me excited. And I haven't felt excited about something for a long time

17. You could use a humidifier as an intake fan to raise humidity.