First grow 4x 1000 Watts

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Questsol, Mar 3, 2017.

1. hi so this is my first grow ever... wondering how everything looks ?

Day 4 of flower

Set up : 10x10 grow tent

4x 1000 HPS

Using heavy 16 nutes

Temps around 70-76

Using electric heater and dehumidifier with active exhaust and carbon filter during lights out

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  2. looks great, dude! I envy you. wish i had that much space. Keep up the great work!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Great start! I love to see when a new grower has the right equipment for their first grow. You sir will not be disappointed with your harvest! Please, keep us posted.

I religiously use tomato cages! I don't even bother with anything else these days. They are amazing for growing big healthy girls!

4. Thank you and I just added them the other day and love how they are working ! You have no idea how good it feels to hear you say that. I know I'm far from the glory day but so many people on other forums laughed at me when I said I wanted to do a grow this big and accomplish .5 gram per watt (4 lb dried) which I know is a controversial subject. But either way I know this is a learning experience but I still hope to pull close to that ! If not more. Anyways thanks for motivating me even more I've been researching so much people think I'm glued on my phone looking at dumb shit but I'm really on here reading,reading,reading. I love new info

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Excellent start. I've no doubt you'll do well.

J

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thank you!!! Means the world to hear that

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm jealous of your set up for a beginner. It's a good set up. I've had better results than 0.5g per watt for my 1st grow and that wasn't as good as a set up as you have right now. Your en route for success. Keep us posted I'm looking forward to seeing your results. What strains is it you are growing?

Peace Chapper

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

8. Thank you and I hope so ! And the only thing I felt I went wrong with was not getting all the same strains as a beginner. I got Sourdiesel which is the one in the back that looks like a bush which vegged much longer then the rest, Grape Ape , Chem Dawg, and Astro Mama. Next time I'm gonna get all blueberry clones from a good friend of mine so the canopy and everything else will have all the same variables instead of all the different variables I have now.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Looking good!

10. Thanks ! :)

11. I have to agree with everyone else, this is a really nice setup! This is just some advice in case you ever decide you dont want to use 4 lights.....Considering that in order to fully express a 1000w light, you need at least a 5x5 and you have a 10x10, you could actually take 2 of your lights out and place the remaining two on light rails. This allows the lights to move back and forth across your canopy, which allows for no one area to receive any less light intensity than the others. It also reduces "hotspots" which are the points of highest intensity under your grow light, which is good, because plants can actually become overheated even if your temps are in range, by adding light movers, you're consistently changing the hotspots and not allowing the light to remain over one point of canopy for too long. Also, this would obviously decrease your power consumption, allow more space in your tent, and ultimately a lower cost operation with an equal outcome! Just some friendly advice! But it looks great!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1

12. How hard would it be to set up light rails in a grow tent ? And thank you for taking the time out of your day to write that up for me :)

13. Oh of course, It's no problem at all! It's nice to see that there are still those out there willing to listen, especially because growing, like most things, take time and patience and learning from mistakes, which we all have and will make at some point, but it only makes us better. and as far as setting it up, it shouldn't take overly long. They actually come in kits with everything that you need. All you have to do is figure the best way to mount it for your particular tent, attach your light, and you're off!

Here's a link that shows you all about it. The guy doing the video is incredible. Once I started watching him and following his advice, my yields have never been better! I highly recommend watching some of his videos if you get some free time.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I love that guy! He seems to break a lot of common misconceptions about indoor growing and he's so idk.. real? He reminds me of someone that taught me everything about the business side of cannabis .. straight to the point , no sugar coating and says shit he knows people will disagree with but still says it because he believes in it. He really is awesome . And yes I'm going to defiantly look into the rails as what your saying would almost cut my bill in half. Thanks for the link !

15. Exactly!! He understands that you can still grow a plant with a standard light bulb, but he also understands getting the most out of your investments, which is what a lot of people don't understand. Its economics...You can grow in many different ways, but isn't the overall goal to get the best return possible without wasting valuable time and money?? That's how he thinks and I have to agree with it. And you're very welcome! I look forward to seeing how everything turns out! If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm happy to answer anything I can and if I can't, maybe I can point you in the direction of someone who can! Keep it up, you're doing great

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gotta love people like him and you who are willing to pass on information , I had old friends (not anymore) that tried to charge me money to set up my tent and give me a simple tip about how many plants per light , they replied they wanted $300 to answer any questions I had. I laughed so hard that day. Now a days the info is free if you know where to look and plus they are noobs themselves. I hope one day I can be in the position to help someone . I feel like the gift of knowledge is the best thing you can receive as well give to others.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  17. You don't have to run them at 1000 either. Even at 750 you'll do well, and save some coin on the ol' electric bill!

18. Dimmable electronic ballasts have somehow perpetuated this myth that it is just fine to run a 1000w bulb at lower wattages with no repercussions. Long term undervolting of bulbs will affect bulb life and greatly affect the spectral quality of your bulb as well. If you're going to run a dimmable ballast at 750w, get a 750w bulb. It's fine to undervolt a bulb for short periods of time if you're having a problem, but long term it is not a great idea.

• Like Like x 2