First Grow: 400w MH, FFOF, Bagseed, 22 days in

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NoModealers, Dec 22, 2009.

1. So there is probably nothing original about this post, but like most beginners I seek advice from the veterans.

Started seeds under cfl's.... once I hit $100 on my light budget, I realized what a mess the whole this was and bought a 400w switchable MH/HPS

Problems: Drooping, yellowing, leaf curling on my biggest <---- when they were under CFLs and in scotts potting soil/vermeculite/perlite in 1g containers. PH of water I was using was 6.0-6.4 (not runoff)

On december 19th, 2009 I transplanted the 4 plants into the FFOF (fox farm ocean forest) soil in 5g's and under the 400w MH hanging about 14 inches from the tops, I watered them once and then left for vacation.

MY QUESTION IS, when should I come back to water them, and are the lights too low?
    -There is a stationary fan blowing on them everytime the lights come on (18/6)

I will have pictures very soon. I don't expect many reply's until they are posted.
    I will also have 10 Northern Light seeds coming from nirvana soon!! I heared indica was best for indoor, plus I like being "couch-locked" stoned more than active stoned. PLUS ITS NORTHERN LIGHTS!!! AMAGAD!:D

2. Sounds like a nutrient deficiency. Are you giving them any ferts? If so, what kind? You should do a search on this site for "Plant Abuse Chart". Then try to find the picture and description that most closely resembles your issue and use the fix for it.

Some plants will be fine for 3-5 days, some plants will require water every 1-2 days. It depends on the size of your container, size and age of the plant(s), temperature and humidity in your grow area, etc.

Good luck.

3. No moisture meter or thermometer. Spent every last dollar I had on the light... literally... every last dollar, heh :eek:

4. You should try to get a thermometer at the very least. Very important to know what the temps are in your grow area. One of the old style mercury thermometers are super cheap and will suffice.

5. Right on Mad, thanks for the quick advice. I determined the problem was nutrient deficiency, but that was before the transplant to 5 gallon FFOF pots. When I transplanted them I noticed that there was a huge amount of vermiculite so it defiantly needed nutes.

6. If I had to make a guess on the temp, its probably 75-85 degrees F. And probably very low moisture in the air too.....

Damn.... means I'll have to water pretty soon then huh. Think i can get away without watering until the 26th?

That would mean it went 7days without watering in 5gallon pots with low moisture in the air and probably at 80degrees.

7. dude the hydro meeter was like 6.99 at home depot. Then there is no guessing

8. temps are fine
    high humidity should only be used for seedlings and starting plants
    humidity is not necessary for a mid-size to mature plant as increased humidity makes it harder for the plant to transpire and respire

9. If I had 6.99 I would have spent it on a bowl pack lol..... i haven't smoked in 2 days. I wasnt kidding when I said ALL my money went to the light. I have $1.68 in my bank account rofl. 3 more days though, hopefully santa will Gimme Da Loot.

10. Thanks Tex. The Positivity is soothing. I cant stop thinking bout my plants, I read grasscity forums for like 4 hours last night.... been reading for 2 and a half hours since this morning lol. THIS SITE IS ADDICTING

11. damn man i know how that feels. keep us posted on your grow

12. lol i know i been on here reading as well as the WHOLE internnet and the pst 4 months ( literally everyday ) i have been researching EVERYTHING I CAN on growing and have yet to mess up im growing dwc

but any other questions id love to help