First grow, 38 days in

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by ambrosepants, Mar 7, 2007.

1. GROW CABINET!:
    CONTAINER: 6" white plastic pots
    LIGHT: 300W (51W actual) daylight CFL
    AIR: 80mm intake fan, 120mm exhaust fan
    TEMP: 50F to 65F
    [​IMG]

GERMINATING:
    Seed starter cubes, a bunch of bagseed (well, nicer bagseed, as bagseed goes)
    [​IMG]

10 days
    Replanted into Miracle Gro Organic soil. In retrospect, I could have saved a lot of time and stress on the plants if I had gone with regular potting soil. Although there appeared to be little fertilizer in it, there was still enough to damage the plants.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30 days
    After incredibly slow growth, I made a last-ditch attempt and administered SuperThrive. They started looking quite a bit better. I topped them and started adding supplimental ferts.
    Nitrozyme, B'Cuzz Growth, SuperThrive
    [​IMG]

38 days
    Replanted in unferted soil, watered with very diluted mixture of fert and water, began LSTing the garden.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (the kitty is helping me!)

2. I went on vacation last week, so when I came back, the darlings had a bit of light burn and dehydration. I watered with filtered water, moved them around, and raised the light a bit. They seemed to appreciate it.

I don't particularly want them to get huge (as I have about another foot and a half), so does anyone have any opinion as to when I should force them into flower? :confused:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Start flowering now, I had a CFL grow going in my closet in those rubbermaid containers double stacked (IT DOES WORK, TRUST ME, hard to light proof though, your box will glow, but maybe if you coat the inside with foil it work work better) anyway they were about that size maybe slightly bigger when i flowered and they shot up despite being bushy mother fuckers, I'd say if u only have a foot or 2 more you should flower now.

4. For the last 5 waterings, I used only pH'd water. Last night (when these pictures were taken) I used BeastieBloomz and a small amount of B'Cuzzz BioNRG Flavor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. how tall are those they look tiny

(not in a bad way just curious)

6. wow man those are lookin great!!! keep up the good work...

did u say what kind they are? sorry...

oh nvm bagseed.. gotcha... good luck with the grow man.. ill be keepin tuned to this one.

7. they're pretty little. without lst they'd probably be only 1' tall after veg.

there's also some sort of nutrient lockout or overwatering that's stunting their growth. i've been watering about once a week/weekandahalf (the soil feels dry and they start drooping) but the leaves keep getting yellow and falling off. i've pH'd the water to 6.0 every time, but according to my analog soil pH probe, it's around 6.8.

can anyone help? (i'll post pix in a few hours):confused: :confused_2:

8. i just watered with a very low ph and fert solution, so maybe that'll help. here's a pic in the meantime.

[​IMG]

9. Have you been feeding them every time you water?

10. looks like he has judging by the yellowing leaves. Unless hes getting ready to harvest and hes letting the plant take all the remaining nutrients out of the fan leaves. Or theres a nitrogen defficiency which i doubt because he says hes been fertilizing. I wouldnt sweat the yellowing though your getting some nice kola's ;)

11. see, that's the weird thing. i went for like, 5 waterings using pH'd, filtered water (as i thought i had fert burn from the MG soil). and i'm like 98% sure i wasn't overwatering (small containers, the soil was dry to the touch more than half way down... couldn't get my finger in any farther :ey: )

when i forced flower, i watered with a very very dilute mixture of flowering ferts, watered with plain pH'd water x2, then just watered last night.

too early to tell if that'll fix anything, but it's only 3 weeks 'til harvest, so i'm not THAT concerned. i'd just like to avoid it next time :smoke:

also, some of the leaves have started to turn slightly red/purple from the inside out. micronutrient lockout from pH problems? anyone?

12. 8 weeks was up, trichs were 50/50 cloudy, so I harvested! They're drying right now, soon to be cured. Pix will follow.

The harvest smells GREAT. :hello: