First Grow - 300w LED

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by adrimity, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Took her out to water today. Still a few signs of nute deficiency so I put 3 tsp of grow big into the water today, just as the bottle recommends.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393869992.952607.jpg

2. What signs of nute defic are you seeing?

3. Still the same turning yellow of leaf tips; so the same K deffic.  It is a lot better on the new growth, however I don't think the 2 tsp I fed it last time was enough, that's why I bumped it up to 3 tsp this time.

4. Just be careful. Feeding too much when you don't notice a difference can hurt even worse

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Good to see she's getting better mate but as above don't rush it, it could take a while.

6. I am now having a problem where I have a few leaves on the lower most level of the plant coming in contact with the sides of my grow tent. Is it ok to let those leaves keep growing? I was thinking it would cause stress on the plant, therefore making it grow slower, but I'm probably wrong lol

7. Can you show me pictures

-------------------------
    All of my advice comes from years of farming and green housing experience.

I'm a hacker, I'm a grower, I'm a stunt man. Live your life :)

Remember: There is Nothing more American than a man producing a product that the people want

8. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393967682.159677.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393967706.377007.jpg

Kind of hard to take pics of it. But right now you can kind of see in the pics that the tips are starting to come in contact. If the plant continues to grow (which it will, duh) it will eventually become cramped

9. #109 adrimity, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
    Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while. I just got off springbreak, I had to leave the plant by itself for 10 days! I constructed an auto watering system with a timer and small fountain pump(pretty simple). She gre quite a lot in those 10 days and I am now switching her over to flowering tonight. I noticed some sort of deficiency on a few leaves(looks pretty bad!). That leaf in the second picture was the worst one on the plant so I snipped it off and took a pic of it. Not sure if I should be to worried about it before switching it into flowering or not? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395616249.123843.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395616261.156371.jpg

10. That's only me, (and I don't care about that guy with the speech impediment saying you "should leave the leaves on") I'd fucking take those ugly pieces of shit off my plants. I did, and I noticed excessive grow. I had some yellow-ish leaves on some plants, not as bad as yours, and I took them down. If you go yellow, you're not a survivor. Also, every-time I got rid of fan leaves with yellow spotting or burning, I noticed an improvement merely a day or two afterwards. Theoretically, I could be wrong, but my plants like it when I got rid of the ugly leaves. My own theory was that Plants are like hair. Hair.. when people "burn" / "break" / "damage" their hair using a bleach or permanent hair straighteners, they usually ruin the tips of the hair.

[​IMG]
    Notice that the original hair is actually healthier than the yellow/blonde tips. She bleached them, but the color isn't the only thing that is "Off" in the picture.

Mind fuck

11. Yeah! You're right, leaves are like hair.
    I change my mind because you seem to know what you're talking about.

Never again will I listen to folks who wrote dozens of books and have judged the Cannibis cup, what do they know? We now have you.

Have you tried shampoo?

Peace, R.

12. Ive had excellent results with defoliation.

13. How many harvest have you had to compare it to? I am sure you tried it both ways a bunch of time? Correct?

All I said was that my results were excellent.

You can't argue with personal testimony.
    [​IMG]

15. Excellent compared to what? Excellent compared to not having weed to smoke or excellent compared to your ten other grow cycles? Ask me the same question.
    Not everyone can agree on what is excellent. A first successful harvest (no matter how small) is excellent to most new growers.

A bit of home science is important to your growth as a gardener. Keeping habits you gained from a single grow might limit your potential.

You can harvest some nice looking bud even with bad lighting, poor soil and no fan leafs. That is not something we need to prove.

Enjoy the fruits of your labor,

R.

16. They don't know what they're talking about, and organic shampoo is an excellent choice for flushing. Don't use conditioners though.

17. She's still growing! I counted around 10ish bud sites so far, so this will be a decent sized harvest when it's done. Only problem I'm a bit worried about is the main cola growing too high! I'm going to have to strap my LED light to the top of the tent so the main cola doesn't hit it. I have also added 4 2700k 23w cfl's to speed up the growing process since I need to harvest the plant on or before May 25th.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1396305441.925345.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1396305464.375118.jpg

18. So I am still not seeing any real bud formation.  I have had it on a 12/12 cycle for the past week and a half.  Does anyone know how long it usually takes to start seeing some sort of bud growing on the plant?  I was assuming I would see something within the first 5 or 6 days of switching it to flowering, however I am still not seeing anything after 10ish days.

19. usually takes a week to two to show preflowers then after they show preflowers it takes about a week for noticeable swelling..

Are you giving them a nice bloom feeding?

20. I'm feeding her 3tsp of Fox Farms Big Bloom every other watering.  I water her every 3 days.  I'm just worried about the plant getting too big to fit in the tent before it actually starts to flower haha