First Grow - 300w LED

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by adrimity, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Ok, I have moved it back to 14", so we will see what that does.  I am using Fox Farms Ocean Forest, so I haven't given it any extra nutes yet, still not sure if I ever will.  I am watering it every 3 days, and it seems to be happy with that watering schedule.  I would add more lights, however my current goal for this grow is to grow a single plant off of a single 300W eBay LED light ;)  My next row cycle I plant to buy another LED light + CFL's and a grow tent so I can grow 2-3 at a time.

2. I think as long as u use a cfl on the bottom it adds a lot to the yield because the cfl can penetrate through the bottom of the canopy and one or two 100 watt cfls want put off to much heat that's my plan ordering my lights in two weeks I'm sold and confinsed after my months of reading and deciding that's just the best way to go I'm ordering my seeds next week final set up is going to be a 4 long 3 foot wide box at about 5 1/2 tall use two 400 watt LEDs on top with two lower wattage cfls tp help a carbon filter and 4-5 plants the ak-48 autos soil grow after a lot of research seems it will work. SEEDS SEEDs found a few different places all have mixed reviews is u search anyone got any advice where to go

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

3. Another thing has anyone seen the low watt big led panels I wonder how well they work their only 20-30 bucks but u see them in a lot of pre built boxes anyone? They usually have them on the sides right in the middle of the plant will that work without burning them

4. O just seen you say something about a tent if u have any type of skill you could build one the way you want it at the same price if not less and not have a big tent sitting out. It as easy as building a big wooden box and throwing some trim on it. In a 4x4 tent a lot of people say u can fit 4-5 plants with the extra led from the grows I've seen with two 400 watt LEDs u should end up with a 1/2 to 3/4 pound yield that's just from my looking around. Anyways lookin good man I plan on starting mine in the next 2 weeks ill give a link to my journal when I do for now I'm watching u till everything gets here. U should buy some of those led side panels and see how they work.

5. I'm wondering the same thing. I would be willing to use two of those for the side of the plant instead of CFLs. I bought my seeds from seedsman.com

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Yeah man
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1276025-barneys-farm-lsd-1200w-first-grow.html

7. Damn. I just read your post again. 80F?! Is that an LED or a UV light haha. I'm running 1200W HPS and they're not too far from my plants. Probably about 60CM above my plants and my tent doesn't go above 77F, it's anywhere between 71 to 77 during light cycle.

8. Looks like a nice setup!  Wish I had the room to have a grow operation that big :(  Subbed to your thread!

Its an LED haha  The plant seems to like it though, haven't had any signs of it being too hot.  I've heard mid 70's is ideal, however you can go into the 80's, just don't go above 90 haha  I think the problem is that there isn't a large enough "out" hole in the box in order for air to be circulating at a maximum.  When I take the top box off, the temperature usually drops down to around 75 degrees.

9. That is what I was originally going to buy, however I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to convert the 3 pin molex to an AC power cord.  I ended up choosing this fan: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WEIJ7K/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 which does quite a good job.  I think on my next grow I am going to completely rebuild my box setup.  Make it a bit bigger, more air tight, use a different/more fans to circulate air, etc.  This is my first grow, and I am learning a lot already about how I can improve things for my next one

10. My first grow too! So much to learn man, so many things I messed up but as much as I hated messing the shit up I'm glad I did, cause I learned from my mistakes and they won't happen again. My second grow will be epic, I'm sure. When are you going to harvest? My harvest date is May 10-15

11. Yep! Best to learn from your mistakes firsthand. Even more epic than your current grow? I wish I had that much room to grow! My setup is only 5 ft tall so my plant can't grow as high as yours, so it may be more around the middle of April.

12. The grass is always greener on the other side of the yard, you'll get a bigger setup at some point too. I'm very dedicated for this to be honest, I'm tryin to scrape off a couple of pounds. Many believe I'll be able to get that and some think I'll get at least a pound but unsure if it's gonna be more than that. Anyway 2 pounds and above will be just perfect. I've got like 3-4 different strains in there so with the quantity will come the variety! :D I'm considering throwing another auto-flower plant in there asap so by the time they begin to flower and grow bigger that autoflower strain will be ready to harvest (I might have a small harvest by mid April). After finishing this grow I'm taking a few weeks off just to sit back and enjoy the goods, since all of this is for me only I think I'm having enough stuff for a whole year lol....... Next grow is going to be 2 DWC's scrog also 1200W indoors, and I'm considering an outdoor plant aswell just to get the knack of it. I'm thinking of a place that is like 10 minutes from here and it's crowded by trees so people won't see it.

13. I'm subbed to check out how the grow goes. I think the problem with the eBay lights are that they are low watt diodes and the light cannot penetrate the canopy. The just don't produce the lumens to grow large plants. If you keep her short you should be ok. Also I might push watering to every 4 days. You want them to dry out a bit. Overwatering is a common problem and can harm the plants.

For those who are new to growing, I have some valuable advice that will improve your growing. I suggest you purchase a "Grow Bible" and read them front to back a few times. Keep it afterward to reference back to. Two great authors are Ed Rothensal and Jorge Cervantes. I have both books an they will teach you everything you need to grow marijuana indoors and outdoor. The money spent on the books is well worth it and will pay back with improved harvest results. Trust me it will help grow amazing marijuana. You will be surprised on the results when you plants are harvested.

14. @[member="iNeedPot"] Wow that's a lot! I'm hoping to get at least 2-3 ounces out of mine, nothing crazy. Just enough to hold me over till my next grow ;) I'm doing this in my college apartment so I'm trying to squeeze in that second grow before I go back home for summer vacation.

15. @[member="Kronicly Insane"] Oh boy the pressure is on to get good results out of this grow! ;) Every 4 days you say? I've noticed the soil is pretty dry every 3 days, and she isn't showing any signs of over watering.

16. #37 Rumpleforeskin, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
    Ok, I have to say it.... I hate the cardboard.

Do you plan on growing for more than one grow cycle? Or are you going to quit growing weed after this harvest? Why spend the money but not the time? Plywood or tent. That cardboard is going to get soft on you real quick (or catch fire).

Fire!

17. Tents are overrated and EXPENSIVE. Now that I bought one myself for about 240$, I realized I can build the exact same thing, ON MY OWN, for at least half the price.

18. So far the cardboard is holding up perfectly fine.  I am going to build a new grow area after this grow cycle.  If this LED also ends up performing well, I will buy another and do 3-4 plants at a time along with some CFL's thrown in there.

19. Pulled her out just a few minutes ago to see how she is doing.  Getting quite big!  She looks great, however the very first leaves that the plant grew look to be drooping, as if they are receiving less nutrients than the rest of the plant.  Is this normal?  Also on the largest two leaves I am seeing a few yellow spots on the tips.  I tried to get a picture of this in the last photograph however it is hard to see what I am talking about.  Any ideas as to what this could be? ( You can actually see it a bit better in the first picture)

Attached Files: