"First Grow" 3 days from germination to now!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chinny107, Jan 2, 2011.

1. #1 chinny107, Jan 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2011
    Howdy doody this is my first grow attempt ever so i just try'ed to rig something together.
    So far what Ive got is a 250 watt lamp set for 18 hours on and 6 off. The light started out at 27in's and today was moved down to 10in's, Because i thought that they were stretching a little to much so i moved it down. 1 small mini fan and a big osculating fan for some el nino! cardboard surrounding, with alluminum foil wrapped on it with a small access door held on with vise grips :hello: i have managed to grow 4 good looking plants and 3 stragglers. (Photo's Should be attached)

Germination:
    I took some bag seeds and let them sit in water for 24 hours then planted the best sinkers, in 2 small pots about 5in's wide and 4 1/2"in's deep, filled with top soil. I didnt get any fancy soil just grabbed a bag of some top soil.

Watering:
    So far its just been tap water. However i have started to leave a pitcher of water out for a day or so, dat way the chlorine goes bye bye's:D since its city water:(.

Questions:
    How often do you think i should water??? so far ive just watered whenever the soil on top looked nice and dry.

Should i use bottled water??? I have looked at all kinds of stores looking for a PH balancer and havent found nothing... Would any one recommend something???

When Should I transfer the plants and into what?? (5 gallon buckets??)

Make me proud Grass City i could use some good advice :smoke:

Attached Files:

2. well your first problem is u got more than 1 plant per pot. never do this. big hassle, roots, entangle, and yea. u can tell when u need to water by stikin ur finger down an inch and a half er so, and if its dry, then water. about ever 3-4 days max.

3. You better seperate those seedlings, and put them in their own, individual pots before your roots become a tangled mess. Never put two plants in one pot.

4. ok we separated them all no problem, into their own individual pots. thank you for the advice:wave: