First Grow, 2x2x4, Feminized Blueberry (Dutch Passion)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by bryanoens, Mar 20, 2022.

1. He has discovered the reason for topping.

:goodnight:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I knew the reason for topping but, being this my first real grow, I didn't want to try that method and I chose a bushy blueberry plant understanding it wouldn't stretch too much. Next grow I'll be trying 2 plants with different techniques to watch first hand.
    Humidity and temp still staying within range. 67-80f and 48%-57% rh. I'm concerned my grow tent may stay too warm for drying so I'm thinking about moving it to garage (almost 60/60) but does anyone think 67f too high for drying?

Attached Files:

3. Thats about what i dry at. and ~65% RH.

4. Still on course but I think my nutrient ratio has been off. I noticed that 2-3 days after using nutrients she starts to get more light green and tips look worse. I read that blueberry isn't normally a hungry plant for nutes but overall I think my 1tsp per 22oz water is too much.

Thanks for your input Joe blow. I think I'll try drying in my tent since 67f shouldn't be too hot. Seems like the overall opinion is cooler is better but being below 70f shouldn't kill any terps or thc.
    The stretch has stopped and it's day 26 of flowering. I removed about 30 leaves 4 days ago and that has helped with some airflow. Starting to notice all tops with sugar coated leaves. Some are filling better than other's but there is still 40+days to go.

Attached Files:

5. Although I have not given nutrients in a week, the yellowing+burn continues to linger and spread. I definitely messed up the nute intake and thus causing issues. Live and Learn but I still think she has a chance to be a winner.

Going on day 33 for flowering and day75 since placed in soil. So much has changed and so much has been learned. The buds are looking good (even with leaves not doing so well) and the smell/resin is really nice. The carbon filter is doing its job but it only takes a few seconds out of the tent before her smell is noticeable.

Since my nutrient ratio still needs to be worked on, and people suggest no nutrients in the final 2 weeks before harvest, I conclude I will stop with any additional nutrients. If I have ~5 weeks left, I dont want to stunt her anymore so good ole h20 seems to be the best option.

Attached Files:

6. She looks a bit locked up to me, perhaps from nutrient accumulation. I think you’re on the right track with water though. The burn around the edges and serrations of those leaves looks like some potassium deficiency, but the color and appearance of that plant does not look underfed. If anything, possibly the opposite to my eye. Generally means that the potassium is there but she can’t absorb it for some reason. Would not tinker around too much this close to harvest. If you feed her again, I would keep it on the light side. You can do a quick slurry test of your soil to verify, but my gut is she is carrying some extra dissolved solids. Looking like some nice flowers though. Enjoy your first harvest sir. There are no buds better than the ones you grow yourself imo, no matter your skill level. Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for the kind words and advice. Locked up indeed which is easy to tell from the color and growth of leaves. New leaves look green but arent growing much and kinda curving down at all spectrums.

I decided to flush 6gallons of water through her last night and shes looking decent considering all the shock. Pulled some more dying leaves off and added extra fan in the room to help with humidity. Im hoping to see some leaf improvement in 2-3 days.

Attached Files:

8. Day 42 of flowering and I think the flush was very helpful. She is not showing any new yellowing/burn and the buds are getting dense. At least they are at the top.

I am starting to think "bro-science" is right. The low hanging fruit is looking meh and not filling in. The tops are really showing maturity. Sticky, smelly and getting some color change while the bottom canopy is meh. Biologists and long-time growers say to not prune/defoliate/schwazz too much while bro-science says the flowering areas need light, not the leaves. I have kept my defoliating to a minimum but notice the bottoms are still looking mediocre in terms of growth. Definitely leaning towards more leaf cleanup for future grows.

Attached Files:

9. Day 48 and things are getting down to the wire. I have lowered the light brightness to 60% which has kept the temp below 78f. Will continue lowering light brightness to help with lowering temps. Hoping to see some blueberry purple hit these nugs moreso than its showing and I think the lower temps will help.

I originally planned for a June 19th chop (day 59f) but I may go a lil longer. I have noticed the new growth (since the flush) has started to pickup but is definitely behind the beginning buds. Since im lowering lights and stopped feeding I cant expect much from newgrowth but I will keep my eye out.
    Blooby is really stanky!~

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. 57f and Blooby is showing off. Dont think I will be chopping her on Fathers day but it will be soon. I turned the light down to 25% power to see if I can keep the temps down to have some more colors come out. I see some light shades of purple but not like what I was expecting. Temps have stayed between 68f-77f but I want to see how it reacts to 75f or below.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. No chop today. The lower temps seem to be helping more with the frost than the color change, although im seeing more blue/purple hues. Im thinking 6 more days and chop at 64f

12. Coming in at 61f days and the temptation to chop is on. Took out the microscope to check the trichs and some buds say they are ready and others say no. Going to stay strong and keep on waiting. Hope for only 4 more days!

Attached Files:

13. Spotted some white albino leaf? Dunno wtf it is. Its not hash tip. Only seen on 1 lower part of the plant. Kind of weird.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. CHOP day!

So stinky. Not totally blueberry but im getting skunky lemon mixed with some tooty fruity. Last watered her 3 days ago to help dry out. I am having trouble getting the room temp below 70f even with a ice/water ac unit. The temp stays 71f and rh is 62%. I think it will be a 10 day dry but what do I know? She went almost 3 weeks longer than planned and I think that was due to the PH lockup. Trichs are loaded and about 20% amber from what I see. Cant wait til next week!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  15. What a roller coaster of fun. Harvest day! I let her dry in the dark for 8 days. Super dank berry smell and really sticky buds. My scale corroded and was super old so I will need to grab a new one to get official weight. Im thinking about 1oz or lil more.
    I have the nugs about halfway filled in 32oz mason jars. I will be trying to burp 3 times a day for ~5mins. This will go on for about 2-3 weeks.

I did take a lil sample nug. The smell had somewhat faded from earlier but the taste was nice. I know it has more time to mature but I am super happy I dont have to trim for a while. That shit sucked. But I saved the trim and intend to make some butter to help :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Great trim job

17. Thanks. Was my first time trimming. Hopefully next time it won't take 3 hours

18. New scale arrived. The grand total is 33.5grams. Not the best result but it did exceed my 1oz requirement. Hopefully not messing up the ph and nutrients next time will allow her to pop off some fatter nugs. New grow will be starting in the coming days and I'll be going with 2 plants in the tent. Likely will try topping one of the girls so I can watch and compare results