First Grow 12/12 from seed. Budding!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BMP, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Hello GC, this is my first grow and I knew that I wouldn't have the required amount of time to do veg and flower before I had to end the grow so I decided to get a little practice under my belt with a 12/12 from seed grow. I had 4 seeds all were from bags and 2 were males. The plant with the bigger main cola is my first plant, the other one is smaller and is about 28 days old. How much more time do you think each of them is going to need? I have computer fans working the intake and exhaust in the small grow area that I have. I'm using organic soil from the local hydroponics shop, and I'm using Flora Bloom nutes.Tell me what you think, open to criticism but be easy, Im a beginner, Sorry for the low quality pics, my dslr is getting repaired so I'm using my other camera.:smoke:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now the 28 day old girl, easy to tell this is a better strain. It is more potent in smell already and it has darker nicer leaves. (Got it out of a better bag)
    [​IMG]

Sorry the pics are so big, don't know how to resize!

2. You started growing your plants on 12/12 from seeds? how long did your plants take to start flowering.

As for when to harvest, I'd recommend going by trichomes. You'll have to get at least a 30x microscope to see the trichs. I got mine for pretty cheap off of ebay.

The decision of when to harvest is up to you to some extent. When plants are ready to be harvested their trichomes turn cloudy and then amber. There is a different high associoated with the different color trichomes and its up to you to decide what high you want and when to harvest. Here's a guide that explains the high associated with each different trich characteristic as well as how to dry and cure. http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing/424138-simple-harvest-cure-step-step.html

3. Thanks hung, I do already have a microscope that i got from radioshack, thanks for the info but I've done tons of reading, I was just wondering about how many days people thought were left. As for how long they took to start budding, the last picture is a plant that is 28 days old and I saw the first pistils probably about a week and a half ago. Thanks!:hello:

4. Also, forgot to mention that they are being grown under 3 2700k 26 watt cfls and 2 6500k.

5. hey dude they still look like they got a way to go, they dont look like they've started to frost up with trichs yet, id say they still have 5+ weeks to go, how long have they been flowering? it only looks like they started couple weeks ago so got a way to go still, but they look healthy so congrats on that lol keep up the gr8 work

6. hey this is pretty cool, . but it would be a good idea to go buy like 6 more 2700ks. in flowering i think they need the most light they can get. i guess this depends on whether you have the space or not, but if you do then go get more cfls.

as far as estimating the harvest time i have no clue. but its best to just be really patient when it comes to the actual cutting of the plant and the drying curing process.