First Grow 1000w ace of spades +more

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by grow59195, Mar 5, 2013.

1. #1 grow59195, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2013
    Hey GC! Glad to be here:)
    So im gonna start a lil journal of my travels threw growing some dank.(hopefully)

background- Im a avid smoker for years and i enjoy a good bud and the quality of a ood grown nuggs. My life has finally allowed me to start growing ( i attempted once under my parents house like when i was 15, yeaaars ago lol)With this journal i hope to meet some cool new people on GC and hopefully get help and tips/tricks as i go along with my grow and ill do my best to take lots of pics so that its almost like your there with me! I awuired my clone from a dispensory in tacoma, wa. The strain is ace of spades and cost me 20$. So let me catch you u with what has happened so far:)

Set Up and where im at now- i traded a still i had for a 1000w ballast , hood and MH bulb. When i first got the clone i set it up under a T12 Florescence light. Once it seemed healthy and not stressed i TP it to a 3 gallon bucket with FoxFarms Organic soil, nothing added. I started watering with tap water and no idea what the ph is. I have sense bought a kit and have been buying disstilled water and making sure the ph is around 6 to 6.5. I topped the plant after it was over the shock of the transplant. sense then it has taken off. I hope to take clones soon. I also was able to grab 12 clones last time i was in tacoma from a buddy, some are slowly dieing. I dont think he did a very good job of taking clones. didnt even use rooting hormones and he TP them way early to the cups.So im sure some are already dead and some arnt . So time will tell....

grow room- I currently am in the middle of building a flower and veg room. Im working with a 10'Wx5'Lx5'H(6' some places)

here are some drawling i did to explaing how i want to seal in the rooms (kinda small)

Here is a rough sketch of what i want, in the picture below you can see the little area where i want to run my exaughst. Im not 100% how i want to run the ducts for fresh air and exaughst.
    [​IMG]

here is a pic of the frame!3/4/2013
    [​IMG]

and heres a current pic of my Ace of spades baby!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So ill keep updating when new stuff comes. Not very far yet but should be nice to watch it all come together:)

3/7/2013

Got a new T5 for the clones and such. DAMN IT i forgot to get the clones off of the direct cement in the basement this am. I need to remember that.. anyways its a 4 bulb badboy T5 set up. got that plus some mylar for 60$ pretty sure thats a slammin deal!

I also got 12 new clones from a co-op in tacoma. ill try and list every strain
    blue rhino 1
    blue cheese 2
    jack ripper 3
    purp sour deisel 2
    purp jack widow?(not to sure lol) 2
    the purps 1
    When i got them most where looking like they where going to die. Now after a nice water and a few days under the light most seem to be gettting better. only time will tell.
    so pics:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3/11/2013

Ok, so i went out the other day and dropped about a 800 bucks when all said and done.
    Here are some pics of my room in progress and my new toy:)

new HBG :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Not seeing pics:(

Oops, now I am :)

3. #3 grow59195, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2013
    3/18/2013
    Here are my clones today, moved em up to a bigger pot.
    [​IMG]

heres my Ace of Spades, shes gettin big:) gonna take clones today.
    [​IMG]

3/19
    [​IMG]

flower room with carbon filter now set up with fan!

[​IMG]

Fann
    [​IMG]

3/22
    ok, so im having heating issues now. So i went and bought a 6" fan for my intake. its just not pulling enough at the moment, my mylar when the carbon filter is on is oviously having way to much negitive pressure to work. so i got to get more inflow.

Today i went and dropped 300$ on new toys again:) got a nice trimmer, fan, 6" ducting, and a 1000w hps light. a digilux light. annnnd the full lone of maxigrow nuts. I cant go soil yet cause i dont have time to cook the soil and i need to feed my babys.

heres some current pics:)
    gonna put her into flower soon as i take more clones:)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Wow I have an AoS and it doesn't look anything like that one but that looks exactly like my Black Cherry Soda clones, think you got a great pheno bro.

5. #5 grow59195, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2013
    Thanks !!!! I picked her up from a co-op in tacoma,washington. The gal there said this guy is on point and knows his stuff and this strain he brings in rarely. there was one left. Basicly said if i dont pick that one im dumb lol:)

3/26/2013
    So running into some bumbs in the road. My main girl was showing signs of lack of nuts, been over 30 days sense i moved her to fox farms soil. So i just started to introduce nuts after i took some clippings and threw her into flowering. Gonna start her off with maxigrows 2nd stage nuts 50%. havnt been able to get the temp down. Still around 80 to 85 but lowers at dark stage. Have plenty of circulation.

Somewhat of a test im trying out is that some coalas im cutting off every extra node that has nodes coming off of it that isnt the top one and some im leaving. I dont know if thats well explained tho. trimmed almost all lower leaves as well so its kinda looks like a lolipop. ill take updated photos soon.

So my bumbs in the road
    * roommate wants me moved out by the end of april.
    * some lil girls are showing signs of nutes missing or lockup. Ive been PH'ing the water going in and having it around 6 to 6.5 but not coming out or the soil. idk if that is that bad tho.
    *one guy i think looks over watered.

[​IMG]

im gonna wait to see if he is gonna pull through.
    [​IMG]

6. Tacoma, wa?! No way! I'm from the 253. Been looking for a co-op that will sell me a nice starter to clone from so I don't have to go the seed route. I just might have to check into that :) think you could pm me some info?

7. haha NICE! love meeting locals:) and yea ill shoot you one here shortly. Gotta rep that 253

8. #8 Mugetsu, Mar 26, 2013
    Hello friend :wave:

I'd recommend lifting your babies off the ground, their roots don't like cold, especially overnight.

Root temp = healthy plants

I hope they bounce back my friend,

You have a fun project on your hands, best of luck

Cheers,

:D:smoke:

edit: quick diagnosis, use some Cal-Mag, folair feed(spray on leaves) until they return back to turgid, those rusty spots look like a Cal def to me.

They need that Cal to stay turgid and sexy, give em' what they want.

Subtle corrections make all the difference.. ;)

9. Thanks for stopping bye:) nice to meet yea! and right now its a concrete floor, but they are sitting on a piece of flat wood (very thin) and "they" are you talking about the two i just posted or all of them? cause the two i posted the one with the yellowing of the leaf is just on one leaf

10. Well the plant that is wilting looks over watered, but only you'd know that, you water them :)

As for the yellow, yes that looks like Cal def to me.

Usually starts out in brown rusty spots then starts to harden and necrolize itself.

I think the rest look good, and I'd say lift them a few inches, on a platform or something.

:smoke:

11. yea, its pretty over watered. I need to transplant also. shes outa room i would believe. So the cal def, you think its because im not using nuts for it at all or that the PH is off in the soil? cause i water with the right ph, 6.0 to 6.5. and ill get them off the floor when i get home from work tonight. probably why my cuttings are taking longer as well.

12. #12 Mugetsu, Mar 26, 2013
    Well,

Let me help you :)

Though I stopped checking ph, I know it hovers around 6.5-7.5, which IMO is the best numbers for uptake in soil.

6.8 is proven to be the best in soil, and you can dial it back if you want to get more nutes to them.

6.0 is a bit low for soil IMO and could lead to burn if the metals in the nutes leach into the soil and drop the soil PH to the 5s which is way too acidic for soil growing (leave that to hydro guys)

I'd let the one's you are worried about dry out, till you see a slightly moist ring around the meristem (main stump)

Then I'd assess their development and either

1. Feed them lightly around 6.5ph and 300ppm (I do NOT overfeed)

2. Let them dry out whilst misting them with a folair concoction of nutes (again, heavily diluted)

Like humans, plants have a limited bioavailibility of the nutrients they can uptake, more simply put they can only "use" so much. (150-250ppm tds)

We PH/TDS our water for this reason, too much minerals and the traffic routes for uptake become blocked.

We can also do this by flooding the cell membranes with water, such is your case with the overwatered plant.

Try drinking 5 gals of water then running a mile.

Ain't happenin' lol

That should snap em' out of their funk

;)

13. ok i will do that. Im pretty sure then that its just been to low of PH, cause i have been around 6.0. So ill let the ones im watching go dry and do like you said. Ill lay off the nutes as well.

So are you doing something like a super soil ?

14. Just a personal blend my friend,

I know it works so I don't change it,

But those are my own secrets :D

:cool::smoke:

15. nice, my goal is to start cooking my own super soil here shortly. Gonna use subcools supersoil mix thats fetured at high times. Just sucks it takes like 4 weeks to cook properly. Thus why i had to buy nuts :(

but one day, ill be organic:)

16. Organic ftw my friend :metal:

:smoke::cool:

17. I love TGA genetics and will be keeping a watchful eye on your A.O.S. ;)

As I will be running it next round as well :devious:

18. So if it is AoS is it for sure TGA? you got any threads going about the grow?

19. Just click the link in my sig :cool:

20. Subbed!!