First grow (10 x supersilver + 600w)(pictures)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ssilver, May 7, 2011.

1. Hi

My grow room is 2,10 meters tall and with a floorspace of ca 1.10m x 1.20m.
    I've planted 10x super silver haze (feminized seeds. no space for a mother or clones atm. will probably sort that out later).

I'm using a 600w MH with a digital ballast. I'm not sure how far they should be from the light. I started out with 1 meter and now I'm at 30-40cm. Doesn't feel very warm on my hand and I do have a light spreader and a adjust-a-wing so I guess it's fine.

I've also purchased 16L pots for them. calculating that pr 4l of pot - the plant will grow 30cm. If the pot is 30 cm ish tall the plant should end up 1.5m tall in flowering (included the pot) if I don't veg it forever.

The room has a constant temperature of 29 degrees celsius at day - sinks to the low 20's at night. Air humidity is around 35-40% during day and night.

I've not yet tested the soils PH but I was recommended to this mixture by a friend who has grown at a very large scale before.

The 10 little ladies are sprouting in a mixture of 10% leca 10-20% perlite and a soil mixture. They're watered every other day - letting the soil nearly go bone dry.

They're all in pretty small pots at the moment.

My only worry is that they'll get too big in a 16L pot (I have 5 12L and 5 8L aswell lying around).

These pots had to be bought online due to no store carrying square pots around here.. I still need some trays for them (they've got holes in the bottom).

I was thinking I'd let the little ones manage by themselves until they're 2 weeks old and I'll start a 1/3 of the original dosage. I'm using canna's "Terra Vega" and then "Terra Flores".

I've read that the ssh is very easy to overfeed so I'll try to be careful with that..

Anyway I'm not sure if my first post went through seeing as I just registered. Maybe I'm a dimbwit double posting now but we'll see..

Here's some pics: (all exif data has been removed)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Keep in mind that this is my first grow ever. I've never even seen a plant in real life.. so this is quite a leap for me. Lets just hope I spent enough time reading so these babies wont die :)

--

Viking

2. Oh I totally forgot to ask my question in here.

I always have to keep the door open.. The room is built as a room within a room. A small wooden frame and a layer of the same plastic you'd use when building a bathroom. I just can't remember the english name for it.

Then it's laced in white/black plastic or mylar.

My problem is that it's always 29 degrees when the door is open. If I close it - it'll steady rise to like 35 degrees (could this be harmful?)

I just finished drilling a hole in the wall next to the door. I've connected some 125mm tubing to it. I then dressed the door in plastic so it'll seal shut. This way I get negative pressure inside the tent - forcing the air outside of the room through the tube and into the tent - then out the coal filter etc.

When the temperature drops here (it's 22 degrees here) - I reckon I could close the door (but is it really needed?)

--
    Viking

3. Awesome setup and congrats on your first grow :hello:

Everything looks great and your doing well. 35 is too high of a temp for plants though i would say. I never let mine get above 29 and I think thats too high. 22 is good though, 22-25 is perfect in my opinion. Keep up the good work though adn try to keep it under 35 for sure :smoke:

4. Hey cody!

Thanks for your reply.
    The temp is about 27-29 now and 19-20 at night. The ladies are developing their second leaf set so I figured I'd post a pic or two if anyone takes an interest in this :)

Any constructive feedback appreciated guys and gals.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

--
    Viking

5. Looks fantastic :D...All of them look like they are doing great. You definitely have a good start. As long as you keep updated ill for sure be coming back :wave:

Oh and make sure you get a PH tester if you haven't got one yet since its fairly important to your plants. It should read somewhere around 6.7 or so :)

6. alrighty. I'll get a ph meter and test. I'll make sure to wash the leca before I re-pot them. I sorta didn't know that but there's not much of it in the soil atm.

I'll be sure to keep you updated, hehe. I'm sure I'll need all the help I can get on this!

7. You need to get an intake somewhere for fresh air. Also and most important you need a good exhaust fan. For a 600W I would go at least like 265cfm or more. That should def. help your temps. Otherwise it looks great man. Good luck and have fun.:hello:

8. I built an intake but I haven't taken a picture yet, heh. It's really really hot here these days but I think it'll be perfect in the fall/winter. The fan is a TD350/125 SILENT 380m3/hr 20dB

think it should be alright once the summer stops cooking my house to pieces. luckily it's a sort of basement so it's the coldest place in the house :>

9. Hey ho

Little update. Had some minor curling on the leaves. Obv heat stress. Placed a fan between the light and the little ones + took down the temp a bit. They've curled back alot now - probably even better tomorrow.

5 of these are 7 days old. the other half 6 days old. I dunno if this is good for the first week.

Any feedback appreciated.

some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. I see a couple of candidates that you might end up burying the stem into the soil as they're way too stretched imo.

11. There is some weird streching goin on with some that are growing sideways but not really too big of an issue...idk...i would say some repositioning of your lights would be good but just a small suggestion :smoke:

12. Hehe. Well the issue is -> if they're closer to the bulb - they start to curl on the leaves (too hot).

The stretching was sorta inevitable right there and the sideways stuff is simply me putting a fan to them (they're incredibly flimsy and fell over.. sorted now though..)

After 1-2 days they got strong enough to face towards the light again. Might look a bit odd in the pictures. I'll probably bury them a bit more tomorrow as Hypno said.

13. Hi again

5 of the plants are approx 10 days old - the others are 9 days. They didn't all sprout at the same time..

So I thought we'd do a little update. I've got one struggler (who didn't shed it's seed shell for like 3 days. I was even thinking of prying it open...)

I've moved the slow grower into the center, hoping she'll catch more light. I also had some leaf curling due to heat stress (lamp too close). Sorted now and the curling is alot better.

They make sure to tell me when somethings wrong ;)

Anyway, some pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PS: the leaf curling is getting better. They are growing a bit to the side because of the light distance earlier I think. I've repositioned so we'll see if they start stretching upwards.

14. mate rli good for first grow op keep us posted :D !!

15. Keep them coming man, I'm really interested to see how tall they'll get. I'd like to grow this strain one of these days since it has such a massive reviews all over the world.

16. I'm curious to that too. Being a sativa lover it's absolutely the best imo. After smoking it in amster I knew I had to start growing. Lets just say it cant be obtained around here so I'll do the dirty work. Lets just hope it goes well. I think I should have enough height :)

17. dude do an update :)

18. #19 ssilver, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2011
    Hi again guys.

We're now in flowering (woo!) I think we've been flowering for about 3 and a half weeks. The reason I set them in flower is because they were already getting tall in vegging and I just didn't dare letting them veg for more than about a month.

One of them. Ms super silver stretchy in the far right corner is just... I don't know. It's like she's only interested in stretching. Maybe a bit too far away from the light but she doesn't get burned and I guess that's positive.

Other than that we got front and center with a tiny nute burn. These are issues I can recognize and adress. But the brownish dried out spots (pictures) are hard to tell what's up with. It's been monster hot around here. Maybe it's heat stress?

Other than that. Hope you enjoy my first grow!

PS: sorry for being late on the update. a weekly report about your illegal activities makes even the hardest stoner a bit paranoid ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Oh right you were wondering about how tall they are. The tallest. The stretchy miss strech. She's 5f not including the pot. Pretty halarious imo. The rest avg at 3 feet (still no pot included).

They're monsters I tell you.