First Grow, 1 Plant CFL

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by BudBully420, Aug 28, 2017.

1. It looks awesome dude. How much of the trichomes are you waiting to turn amber? I've heard if you let it get to about 60-80% amber it's more potent, but I'm not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Hop on to Amazon and snag up a Mars Hydro cheap led. That little addition will be a huge help in getting you a bigger yield.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thats about what im looking for..roughly three quarters amber. Ill start flushing end of the month.be ten weeks in flower.

4. I may buy a few of the 12w LEDs to add for my next grow.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Looking at amazon now . Many options lol. Thinking maybe a 100 watt led should be sufficient

Sent from my SM-J700P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. That 300 watt mars hydro for 66 dollars would be good since it's been proven here for a few people. I got a ledgle 300 watt sitting in a box waiting to be used when I get back to growing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I may have to invest the 66 for my next grow, I'd like to grow more than one next time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I decided to trim it up a little bit. I took a couple of the bottom fan leaves to allow it to get more light.[​IMG][​IMG]

9. #49 BudBully420, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    I decided to tie it down to allow the side branches to catch up and it bush out a little bit.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. #51 BudBully420, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    I can see the white pistols forming around the new growth of the plant. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Looking nice for a cfl grow! Curious how much bud youd get off it, keep us posted and good luck mate!

I agree with that other dude invest in a 300watt mars hydro, itll make those cfls look like a night light!

12. Thanks dude. I have done this grow as cheap as I could, I only spent like $45 on the lights, like $45 for the soil and blood meal and flower bloom. So no more than $100 total. And I've been using well water for watering, I know I'm supposed to PH it but it's been doing perfect without it. Super cheap and easy Grow so far. I will definitely be updating the post and letting you know how much I get off it come harvest time.

• Like Like x 1
  13. As for my next Grow, I may get 2 of the 300w led lights and use one for veg with my 4 6500k lights, and the other in another space for flowering with my other 4 2700k lights. I've heard the flowering under the leds doesn't grow as compact buds so I believe the extra cfl lighting in there may help it out.

14. I start all my seedlings out under cfls just like yours until they are about a week old.

I use a 4 lamp 2ft t5 grow light and an offbrand 300watt led for veg, the led is probably only 100-120 true watts.

During flower I use 2 mars 96 reflectors with the t5 and offbrand led during flower. In all I paid a $370 for all 4 lights and 5 new bulbs for the t5.

If you shop around on ebay and craigslist you can get some killer deals, but those mars 300 on ebay/amazon cant be beat!

I bet youll eventually want to use both leds and all your cfls in your flower tent! The more light the bigger and denser the buds!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hell yeah if I can find a little more space and save a little for the lights. My question is where should I get seeds? Is ordering them from seed banks discreet enough? If so what seed banks should I order from?

16. yeah man nothing to worry about from seed banks, I got alot of good seeds in the freezer from seed banks. but I have 100s of seeds from bag seed.

Every time I buy greenery I write down the date, a little description about it, the price, and who I got it from. and put in in a envelope and freeze it. So I have around 30 strains sittin back to use.

As of good genetics: I grew an auto jock horror from nirvana seeds that I loved, tga and dutch passion have great genetics, nirvana doesnt have the best genetics but their regular seeds are super cheap especially if you get them thru herbies headshop! So if you get one from nirvana that you like you can keep clones off it and youll be set!

My favorite seed bank is Herbies headshop, heard lots of good things about attitude seed bank, sannies shop has great seeds and genetics, I think I sent them cash but it was worth it. They only have a few strains but they have solid grade A genetics.

17. I used cfls starting out. Vegged some pretty good ones with 3 65w 6500k big bulbs lol. They r just sitting in my closet now. I use led now.i built a veg light and a flower light. the light vegs decently for a 2x2. 20170726_223048.jpg 20170813_121056-1.jpg

18. Nice lights those the 260 qb everyone tlks about?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thanks! Naw they are 5630 led strips on aluminum panels i put together. Be nice to own a qb260