First gro

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Trilocat, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Hey everyone, it's my first post, and my first grow. I came here because I figured it would be helpful joining a community where I could gather knowledge, and share/communicate with while I learn! With that being said, here is some background info and pictures of what's going on, and any tips or comments would be appreciated.
    I have a 1000 watt dimmable ballast, a 4x4x7 tent, 2 fans, timer.
    As far as the plants, I have 2 rounds of babies, 6 each round, and each round is about a week apart and then I have two clones that are a few weeks older. [Pictures below] There's a lot going on with them, as I just got a PH and PPM meter and Nutrients this week, and I am learning a lot still.
    What I think has been going on was that they were in pH Lockout and starting to get nutrient deficiencies since I had just got nutrients 4 days ago and didn't feed or check pH once prior.
    The first round was planted about 11/6 and the second was 11/11 to give you guys a more accurate idea of age. I know they have fungus gnats in there too slightly and I just started treating with Neem Oil about a week and a half ago or 2, so I fed them well with 5.9 Water and the runoff was 6.5pH and now I am letting them dry out pretty good because the fungus gnats are multiplying.
    Also, Medium is Soil, and Nutes are Heavy 16, I'm running week 2 Veg Regimen, and was going to do that until they were looking better. Any constructive criticism would be appreciated, and hope yall are having a good one!
    IMG_20181203_181414.jpg IMG_20181203_181346.jpg IMG_20181203_181340.jpg IMG_20181203_181333.jpg img1.jpg

2. The babies are stretching - move your light closer or get a better light. For fungus gnats - 3 drenches with Gnatrol will kill the larvae in the soil and yellow stickies will kill the adult flyers. Good luck and welcome to GC. :)

3. @MickFoster I have a batch outside the tent with a little led about 4 inches over them. I put them outside of the tent as I read from a bunch of articles having them in the tent would be too much heat/light for them, and the 6 in the tent have the same output LED and the ballast on them. Do you think I should put all 12 in the tent with an LED over each tray of 6, or all of them outside with an LED nice and close to each tray of 6 until they get bigger? What's your opinion?

4. Lay uncooked french fries or potato slices on the soil does the same = organic

remove worms every 2nd day

cheers/

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 MickFoster, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    Gnatrol WDG is a biological larvicide for organic production. It only affects mosquito and fungus gnat larvae and is commonly used in water troughs where livestock drink to kill mosquito larvae with no harmful effects to the animals.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thank you guys much for the info I was kind of stressing about not having enough money with it being the holidays, but I definitely have potatoes lol. I will follow up with Gnatrol when I have more assets.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Also, should I feed them more than normal until they catch up on nutrients or just stick to the nutrient schedule I have? I've heard people around me say different things about that.

8. put a 1000w MH bulb in and place it 3 feet above your tallest plant, this should be plenty of light for everything,
    as far as it being too hot in your tent for the seedlings, it shouldn't be,
    u need to keep the tent temps at 80 (27c) or below at the top of the plants no matter how big they r.!!
    do u have a fan circulating air in the tent, rustling the plants a bit.?
    no, do not feed more then 1/4 strength for now.
    do not follow the 'feeding schedule' week for week, it has been condensed to fit in chart form.!

9. @Slow Old Guy Okay, should I keep one of the small LED lights over them inside the tent as well[Picture it clipped on the pole with a LED over each tray of babies] or just run the 1000W? Yes, I have a fan running in and a have a fan running through the light venting out the window, so the temp is manageable for sure. I fed them 1/4 strength Saturday, when do you recommend I feed again, and do you have any recommendations of how I should be feeding rn? I have Heavy 16 veg A & B Bud A & B, Prime, Fire, Foliar, and some offbrand Root feed

10. it looks like the LED's r not enough, that's why i suggested the MH, it would be plenty for everyone.!
    when the pots r almost dry, they feel empty when u lift em, saturate the pots with 1/4 strength nutes.
    wait for them to get almost dry again and the saturate again, this will keep the roots and 'soil' healthy.
    use 1/4 of the recommended Veg A & B for now, when they get bigger use 1/2 strength,
    after 2 weeks into 12/12 start 1/2 strength Bud A & B.
    google it, they might have a feeding chart....????? just cut their recommended amounts in half.