first go no-tillin it! All ethos

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by frostchaser, May 20, 2020.

1. Well an adventure getting it all set up but officially have 2 babies in my 4 x 4 bed so figured time to start the journal.. Lots of firsts this time around so anxious to see what happens.

Using mofos soil mix from the no till revisited thread with added alfalfa meal per advice of the fellas on the forum..
    As far as plants going to be an all ethos run.
    1 early lemon berry
    1 orange kush cake
    1 og delux
    1 angry hulk
    1 black cherry/watermelon zkittles

The elb and okc are feminized in seedling stage already in the bed.
    The other 3 are regular so started growing 3 og, 3 a hulk and 2 zkittles 3 weeks back and have a bunch of clones rooting now in an aeroponic cloner. Tripped the parents to flower 2 days ago so ill be able to put fem clones in the bed in about a week or so.. The seedlings hit the bed two days ago and have grown a bit already.. Hopefully they like their new home! Alot of time went into it coming to be!

Also going to reverse a female a hulk and og clone to start making some feminized crosses. Plan to flip the reversed plants to flower small so ill be able to have pollen for this run.. Recently had my first sucess reversing a fastbuds gg and pollinating a lsd 25 but still newish to it..

Also my first run not in a tent. Considering the need to access the bed now growing in a 7 by 12 climate controlled room.

Planted cover crop in the bed 2 weeks back and it has exploded! Had to trim back spots to put in the seedlings.. Hopefully thats a good sign.

Last new thing, Ditched hid lighting and got a fluence spydr 2i led.

Super excited for the first all organic run and the new light! Cant wait to see what happens

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cover crop looking awesome!!

3. a couple weeks in now and all looks well.. Had a run in with fungus gnats.. Mites and sticky traps cleared it up.. Angry hulk and og delux clones are in the bed now.. Both of the cherry watermelon zkittles were male so its out of the mix.. Okc hit a hot spot in the soil and was fucky for a week but all looks well with her now.. Early lemon berry has been happy from the start. Basically just watching it happen now.. Gonna start some ipm so i have something to do but so far easy going.. 20200603_112219.jpg 20200603_112140.jpg 20200603_112020.jpg 20200603_111714.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Love the bed. Following!

5. Thanks man.. First time with the whole thing.. Lovin the whole idea so far..

6. Put up my co2 meter to see what the living soil was putting off.. No need for supplemental co2 it seems. Yet another perk of organic 20200608_152533.jpg

7. truckin along.. Gonna put up a screen soon.. Going to rig it so i can raise the screen if needed. The early lemon berry and okc are bigger guys.. The clone og delux and angry hulk are the others.. Also had to put a single auto bean in to see if it would pop.. Homemade auto fem cross.. fastbuds lsd mom and fastbuds gorilla glue reversed dad.. Excited for my first cross! Did a pretty serious chopping of cover crop.. It was getting silly.. 20200615_132321.jpg 20200615_132101.jpg 20200615_122731.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. lowered the light to start getting it up in intensity.. Currently 8 inches off of the tallest of them at 25 percent.. Planning to up 3 percent a day till 100.. Also added a screen that i can adjust up as needed.. Thanks to the new light i uave about 4 ft of headroom still.. A perk of the fluence for sure.. Also put up the co2 system but i have yet to see it tripping on the tank. Hooray living soil.. Watered with tm 7 and ful power for the first time today 20200616_133627.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. still pretty.. figure 2 weeks max till flip. The early lemon berry and okc are gonna be beasts 20200622_155612.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Loving how this grow is looking, Frostchaser. Can't wait until I get things dialed in and have similar results!

11. This is great, everything is looking killer. I'm surprised by the co2, I'd never heard that before.

• Like Like x 1
  12. First time using no till as well. Super easy! I’ve got 2 auto Northern Lights going great! If this keeps up I think I’ll only ever use no till!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. switched to 12 12 today.. 1 of the 2 og phenos is still under the screen so was trying to hold off but running out of screen.. Just want the other og to survive for breedings sake so sure it will get there.. Started sts spraying clones of the og and angry hulk and 12 12 them yesterday.. figure ill have pollen in 4 weeks..

Hit them with a neem kelp alfalfa ewc tea today and put in some avocadotech avacado with organic banana, kelp, mpb, bit of alfalfa and tm 7 20200630_125006.jpg 20200630_124800.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. No real news to report.. All flowering at this point.. It was my 1st time playing with clones so messed up a bit and planted the two from seeds a little earlier than I should have. As consequence they are filling about half of the bed with lemon Berry and Orange Kush cake and have definitely made it a bit more interesting to try and get the level screen with the OG and Hulk Angry.. Only plus side I got two phenotypes of Hulk angry and one of them at least at this stage of the game is just a beautiful crazy branched rather short lady that I have a reversed clone of which will be my main breeding mom for this experiment.. Everything is gonna get crossed with her and the og but most excited for the hulk okc cross i think at this point. I have a little bit of discoloration on a few leaves but not affecting growth at any rate. Thinking it is either calcium or light stress. Calcium might make sense as this is the 1st round in this bed and things need to cycle a bit.... Also Put a single bean from my 1st auto flower breeding experiment in the bed more so just to see if it would be a viable female seed and happy to report success there. It is growing under the screen as I put it in late so I expect nothing to come of it but excited to see that it was a success. Just put the bean a half inch in the bed and all went well.. Lovin no till! 20200710_161359.jpg 20200710_161347.jpg 20200710_161655.jpg 20200708_133923.jpg 20200708_124304.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Do you know the soil ph? Wondering if that's your issue. It certainly looks like calcium, which I know first hand gets worse in flower, not better.
    They are looking good. Love the updates.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks for the feedback. Going to do a slurry test tomorrow.. Got some feedback from rancho that it might be light intensity increasing metabolic rate creating deficiencies. Going to raise the light a couple inches and do a few foliar sprays and add some vermicompost with a bit of kelp. Also going to cut the cover crop and start bottom defoliating. Plus coconut water tomorrow then a aloe soil drench tuesday... It is not a big issue at this point and all advice given seems generally good ideas for the health of the plants anyway so again love the organic idea in that very little could stand to hurt regardless...

• Like Like x 1
  17. still pretty.. Hit with heavy aloe watering yesterday and did a foliar spray at lights out with aloe, protekt and some wca. They look great today with the whole canopy praying and light at 94 percent. So far so good and lovin the ease of no till 20200714_122706.jpg 20200714_111123.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  18. the whole picture says a thousand words idea.... 20200717_095926.jpg

• Like Like x 5