Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First Glass Piece (Bubbler)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DontBankonit, May 18, 2009.

1. [​IMG]

I have always had a soft spot for bubblers, and I was growing tired of my bong since it was just too big and I always knocked it over. I found this at a local shop listed at $55, I know the recession has hit the shops hard so I was able to talk them down to $45.

I am new to glass pieces and owning my own bubbler so had a few questions; How often should I clean it? How much water should I add for each chamber

Are there any tips for using bubblers?

Also I tried these glass screens (I had never heard of them till I bought it) they are like tiny glass slides with bumps on top. I always felt I lost good pieces w/o a screen but the metal screens blocked too much. So far I have really liked the glass version, they allow stuff to go through, but keep good pieces from going through (i like to chop/breakup my stuff alot for greater surface area). Anyone else used these cause like I said I had never even heard of these til last week.

2. that piece looks amazing, take advantage of the carb and clear it as much as possible, change the water more than you would a bong, it turns to pisswater fast especially in the first filtration. clean it alot too, like you would any other piece, there is usually a line or level on the bubbler to tell you where to stop filling it, i never tried the glass screens, metal alays worked for me

3. #3 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, May 18, 2009
    Last edited: May 18, 2009
    I love glass screens, I have one for every piece and I always keep extras around. I use the flower kind, not the jacks. Definatly keeps a lot of ash and green bits out of the water and in the bowl. Rinse it out often, and make sure the bowl is dry when you refill it. And you got an amazing deal for a triple chamber. Fill the water about 1/4 inch above the end of the stem, enough so that water covers the end at any angle you might hold it at. And don't pull too hard, there will be some splashback, and the last thing you want is bong water in your mouth

4. Damn that's how much I paid for my bubbler and it's only a single chamber, you got a steal, must be pretty good at talking down prices eh?

5. looks like a pain in the ass to clean. unless there is a way im unaware of

6. cool lookin bub.

And yes I have used glass screens for a long time now. They are awesome!

7. I just got a bubbler (hell ya gotta love it) and it is my favorite piece yet. Do it some service, change the water every bowl. It tastes like fucking shit and starts to get stale smoke gathered in it, and dam, really, just change the water every time. It sucks dick to smoke more than one bowl off the same water. And the piece starts to look gross if you don't change it enough.:(So just change it and enjoy my friend.:smoking: